• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need a spokesman or group that works for famers!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grassfarmer, I get the union philosophy. But I am not a follower of supposed, "unified" groups, because I do my own thing, take my own chances, live my own life.

If something is failing in my way of doing things, I change my way of doing things. If traditional farming sucks, and it does at times, the onus should be on the farmer to make it right somehow.

Buy less iron, don't overstretch on land. There is lots that could be done to make traditional farming less prone to tight spots, but farmers as a whole, do not look inwardly enough.

How many years has it been now, where farming has tight margins in the last 40 years? How often has rail service been stellar?

If it ain't working, find another way to make it work, because the chance of us getting on the same page is slim.

Regarding the money printing business: IE dairy farming: It is in a league of its own, and good for them. But sooner or later it is going to crumble, and the quota paper is going to be worthless. My suggestion to them, would also be to be preparing contingencies.

Are farmers not independent? Why do we need to all join an organization? Maybe I and many others do not care about the state others put themselves in? Maybe I just want to go it on my own? Grain is not working well for me, due to circumstances, so I am shifting elsewhere. Why should I join an organization that does not encourage independence and change?

IMO, if it ain't working well, try another way. On your own.

I thought you were the guy in the beef area that direct markets? Maybe not, but that is a prime example of what I mean. There are dozens of success stories where, people said enough of this, I am changing course. On my own....

Comment

I agree freewheat that we are independent and are ultimately responsible for our own actions and outcomes. Like you I am not afraid to step outside the box and create my own way of doing things. Saying that I still see a need for political involvement on an overarching basis to try and reduce the outside risks to agriculture. I see that as a component part of a "self preservation" plan.

Comment

I totally get what you are saying, don't get me wrong. I think it makes sense, and so on, but I just do not see it happening.

Of course I end up with a double post. It just had to be a longer post. Couldn't have been a one liner, huh?

Comment

I can't think of an answer for this dilemma of losing control of the prime ingredient of our production, b/c farmers are independent, as Freewheat makes clear. But his independence, long term will not survive. TPTB do not appreciate independence, and they will close all avenues over time. We are greatly outnumbered. Complete control is the aim, consider dairy, poultry, hog industry. I believe beef will be next by way of vertical integration. You can't build a permanent structure without permission or dig a drain. And almost impossible so stop drainage onto you property, if its a natural runway. An association of western grain farmers might work, but nationally would not b/c eastern farmers are subject to different market venues. Domestic processing facilities on the prairies, a promise of removing the Crow,has not occurred to a large degree. Apparrently freight is too expensive, although China manages to have frozen fish sent there from Manitoba, processed, and sent back for retail. Of course, fish is not very perishable. History shows primary producers are low wage earners, but if your not of the elite rich, you are likely a low wage earner anyway. RKaiser thinks the banks are the economic cancer, but they are just the powerful arm of those in control. The only answer is joining together and putting up lots and lots of money to control our industry. $10 an acre would raise maybe $300 million. Likely need at least $100 an acre to start.

Comment

Fck Yer Farm Groups!!!!!!!!!

Bin Telling Yous This Since Day One,

File a Police Report First Thing Monday Morning n' Hire da Best of da Best!!!!!!!!

Sue These Mother Fckers Fer all Theys Wort!!!!!!!!

Put a Billion Dollars Down Boys, Could Yous Imagine The Hurt We'd Put on em'!!!!!!!!

Only Way This Madness Will End!!!!!!!!!

Comment

#AllShootersOnDek

Comment

APAS was supposed to be the umbrella farm organization in Saskatchewan. They haven't made a headline in years.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...