• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets master the Joy of living

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kaiser, how did you come up with all that racism out of parsley's post? I sure didn't see it ( great post pars! )Why do you think canada and the u.s. have prospered so much in such a short time in history? It was people from many nationalities who were like-minded as in great work ethic, looking for a better life ( and working for it ),religious freedom, a common goal, etc. Take a look at those countries mentioned, do they have what we have? Canada is a blessed country, let's enjoy it and build on it.

Comment

1. You refer to my "concern over who belongs in this amazing country" Huh? I don't see that thought in this discussion in this thread. You must have pulled that notion out of your trunk of reasoning, which you don't realize is empty.

2. Your reference to "savages up and put em on reserves or kill em" has absolutely no reference to, or origin in, my post. It is intellectually dishonest to shift your thoughts into a cloud of disguise, where it would seem as though they were mine. But you know that.

3. I am of Swedish origin, kaiser. I am a woman. I am white. And I'm pleased to be who I am. If you have a problem with any of my characteristics, go see a shrink.

4. You also make the statement, "radical action responded to with radical action never works."

The most common radical action, that I have referred to, in other threads, on AV, is Islamic terrorism. As I write this, pictures of a young Jordanian pilot, being burned alive, in a cage, by Islamists, have been distributed world-wide. These acts must be stopped. These depravities stem from a religious-political ideology, that works in tandem: Islam and Sharia Law. I condemn these barbarous acts. It is my duty to label them. And I will continue to label these acts as barbarous because they are. Call try response a radical action if you feel good doing so.

5. You and I have different goals., kaiser. You are dissatisfied with our state
      of living. And declare you will change it. I think we have the best in the world.

6. You want to destabilize our country, I want to keep building it.

7. You show negativity towards the establishment: corps, govt's, the rich, tradition, I see them as society-builders. You resent wealth and success. I admire the hutzpah it takes to get there.

8. I so respect and admire the homesteaders who responded to the calls for immigrants to come to Canada. They worked so hard to build an economy in spite of vicious winters1. You refer to my "concern over who belongs in this amazing country" Huh? I don't see that thought in this discussion in this thread. You must have pulled that notion out of your trunk of reasoning, which you don't realize is empty.

2. Your reference to "savages up and put em on reserves or kill em" has absolutely no reference to, or origin in, my post. It is intellectually dishonest to shift your thoughts into a cloud of disguise, where it would seem as though they were mine. But you know that.

3. I am of Swedish origin, kaiser. I am a woman. I am white. And I'm pleased to be who I am. If you have a problem with any of my characteristics, go see a shrink.

4. You also make the statement, "radical action responded to with radical action never works."

The most common radical action, that I have referred to, in other threads, on AV, is Islamic terrorism. As I write this, pictures of a young Jordanian pilot, being burned alive, in a cage, by Islamists, have been distributed world-wide. These acts must be stopped. These depravities stem from a religious-political ideology, that works in tandem: Islam and Sharia Law. I condemn these barbarous acts. It is my duty to label them. And I will continue to label these acts as barbarous because they are. Call try response a radical action if you feel good doing so.

of living. And declare you will change it. I think we have the best in the world.

7. You show negativity towards the establishment: corps, govt's, the rich, tradition, I see them as society-builders. You resent wealth and success. I admire the hutzpah it takes to get there.

8. I so respect and admire the homesteaders who responded to the calls for immigrants to come to Canada. They worked so hard to build an economy in spite of vicious winters and isolation and hardship, You view them as invaders.

My List of Eight shows we really don't have much in common after all, kaiser, so I want to call it a day. And I particularly want to permanently end discussing things I didn't say. Parsley and isolation and hardship, You view them as invaders.

My List of Eight shows we really don't have much in common after all, kaiser, so I want to call it a day. And I particularly want to permanently end discussing things I didn't say. Parsley

Comment

Peace out pars.

Comment

I will say that I am sorry for your taking my comments as painting you as _______ pars. I will allow you to fill in the blank.

As for the radical islamist's who commit horrendous acts, again we agree. However, a quick search outside the traditional mind guiding views of CBC, CTV and the like would allow you to see that the burning of prisoners is out lawed by the Koran, while head choping is.

Another search, and you would quickly discover where these mercenary warriors get their weapons and some even believe, there support. Seems that the list includes many of the society builders that you refer to.

Just out here trying to stabilise this wonderful multicultural, mind controlled (definition of government) country which I dearly love pars.

Comment

I will re-post my last-night's comments as Iusy have pasted twice, and it's difficult to read:

1. You refer to my "concern over who belongs in this amazing country" Huh? I don't see that thought in this discussion in this thread. You must have pulled that notion out of your trunk of reasoning, which you don't realize is empty, kaiser.

4. You also make the statement:
            "radical action responded to with radical action never works."

The most common radical action, that I have referred to, in other threads, on AV, is Islamic terrorism. As I write this, pictures of a young Jordanian pilot, being burned alive, in a cage, by Islamists, have been distributed world-wide. These acts must be stopped. These depravities stem from a religious-political ideology, that works in tandem: Islam and Sharia Law. I condemn these barbarous acts. It is my duty to label them. And I will continue to label these acts as barbarous because they are. Call my response a radical action if you feel good doing so.

8. I so respect and admire the homesteaders who responded to the calls for immigrants to come to Canada. They worked so hard to build an economy in spite of vicious winters and isolation and hardship, You view them as invaders.

My List of Eight shows we really don't have much in common after all, kaiser, so I want to call it a day. And I particularly want to permanently end discussing things I didn't say. Parsley

Comment

kaiser, although I do follow blogs and news, and editorials, and u-tubes describing the daily atrocities that Islamists carry out, I don't bookmark CTV.

I did go straight to the authentic source, though, ... the Qur'an itself.

But neither does reading the holy book present the big picture to infidels such as myself. One must also read the specific regulations that enforce the morality of Islam. These regulations lie within their law:,Sharia Law. And they are explicit.

Mind you, the morality of the Qur'an becomes very clear about the superiority of men, and the fate of agnostics and infidels, once one understands that those regulations pertain to the Qur'an.

The real power, and influence of Islam upon everyday living, lies within all the regulations buried in the legalities of Sharia Law. I now know the legally-religious way to beat a woman without leaving a mark.

Islam's Surahs , sick succinct rules, are explicit, but you have probably taken the time to read them. Most Islamic sympathizers don't. The Surahs are indefensible; both illegal and morally reprehensible in Western society

I've done some research on Sharia Law, straight from the camel's mouth, so to speak, and in particular as it pertains to women, infidels and goals. And I concluded Sharia Law is an abomination when it enforces "Slay the idolaters whenever you find them, (9:5) This is not l my idea of how to fit into Western culture.

Perhaps you read Surah (9:121), which states, "Provoking non-Muslims is a good deed in the sight of God.", which would explain some of your comments.

Parsley.

Comment

Pars, you'll find verses in the Holy Bible reflecting the same mindset. People have acted on them. Remember the Papists and the Inquisition?

Ned Flanders (Simpsons) said it best, "Gee whillickers, I've read the Bible. Even the parts that contradict the other parts."

I have no point to make, other than Sharia Law or any other law like it cannot be tolerated in our society.

When you mention rule of law though, tread lightly. Remember, The Wheat Board Act was rule of law, yet many deemed it wrong. Sometimes, a country needs to be de stabilized before it can be rebuilt.

Final note, no racism was detected in your posts.

Comment

The difference is this, Brave... And it's a huge difference.

If Sampson Smith takes a verse in his bible literally, and decides he wants to strangle his girlfriend Delilah with her own hair, he is subject to the Rule of Law in Western ountries. He will be charged, go to court, and be sentenced.

And Christians today, have evolved and don't kill, and are not instructed by their church to kill, any infidel or non-adherent.

The reverse is true for Islam.

Islamist have not stopped killing infidels or agnostics in the name of Islam. Islamic doctrine teaches that is morally permissible to kill agnostics and infidels. In 2015.

Not only that, but Sharia Law actual legalizes killing agnostics and infidels. As well, Sharia Law prevents the believer from being punished for burning someone alive. Or beheading someone. Or slaughtering a school full of children.

The moral scale is set very differently in the West compared to the Middle East. And that is why the two cultures are not compatible. And cannot live side by side. pars

Comment

Have you addressed your concerns to a practicing Muslim? My experience is that their religious beliefs but their basic human values are not. I have met very strong indpendent Muslim woman who would disagree with you in your interpretation of their religion. Not an expert by any means in the Qua'an/Sharia law but I know there are many different sects starting with Sunni and Shia.

On whether people of different beliefs can live together, it happens every day. The big city world I live has many different faiths and beliefs. We live, work and play together. It also happens in many parts of the world.

Comment

I agree with pars more, than with charliep, in every form of islam, women are treated as second class citizens at best, at worst they are treated no better than dogs.Do we want that in canada? No we don't. Take pakistan for instance, ( most people consider it fairly civilized) a christian woman there took water from the same well as muslims did and she was sentenced to death for blasphemy. The muslim people need to correct their own, but alot of them come to canada and want to live by the laws of their old country ( which after about 2,000 years still haven't worked ) They rule with an iron fist, no tolerance. I welcome any immigrant that when they move here are willing to live by canadian laws. Does it make me a racist for telling the truth? More people need to start speaking the truth or we will have big prob. in this country.

Comment

The new Canadians I know who practice the islamic faith - the opportunities that are available here and the social justice system. They also want to practice their religion, something that is basic right here for all of us in Canada.

People in glass houses should not throw stones. Domestic violence is an issue in Canada. I don't think we deal with this issue as a society either.

Comment

I assume at least some of us are baby boomers. I kind of chuckle at our attitudes. I will cost society litterly thousands of dollars to keep us in alive in our final days of life. We will all be looked after by new Canadians because none of our kids/grandkids will do the nasty things like our clean bed pans. They work hard to establish a life for themselves and their families in a new world.

Comment

What a cop out! Because we have domestic violence in canada it's wrong for us to critizise islam because to them beating women is alright? By your way of thinking, because some psycho in canada cuts someone's head off, then we shouldn't critisize islam for cutting someone's head off because it's part of their religion. Both are against the law in this country, that's why we should stand up. In wpg. 2 years ago the muslim community approached the school board because they wanted the boys and girls to have phys ed. separately, in britain the muslims want the holocaust taken out of the history books because it is offensive to them ( their own words ) Throughout history people have had to fight for freedom, and we still do. I'm not willing to give our great country away so that people with warped idealscan impose that on us. Freedom of religion, yes, but when it infringes on other people's rights, no.

Comment

It must be because I was around in 'the 60s. peace, love, freedom, all that good hippie shit, or maybe my Native Canadianness, but, I work at tolerance and love for all. That includes Muslims, Christians, Jews, etc. hell I even forgive Catholics.

Separate people from actions. Hate, unwarranted violence (against women or men), Sharia Law which is just a thinly disguised hate, are all acts which can't be tolerated.

Pars, you're right Christians have evolved. But so have most Muslisms. To brand all Muslims as intolerant and practicing Sharia is taking it too far. It's Sharia that doesn't belong.

Comment

Muslims are very devout. And it is their moral obligation to follow the Qu'ran.

One goal of Muslims, throughout the world, can be found in Surah (9:29):

"Fight Jews and Christians until they become Muslims or pay tribute in utter humiliations to speak. And I'm going to guess stonepicker has done some homework on Sharia Law.

Many people in the world, just pay the bloody tax, called jizya, rather than be engaged in violent, or steady, but constant Islamic upheaval. Wearing you down, so to speak. It is their moral duty to so so.

But even if you acquiesce and pay a tax to Islamists simply for being an infidel, it does not alleviate the effects of gender-inequality legislated upon only women.

Perhaps you would recognize the irony if 8 year old boys were forced to marry sixty year old women. Or men were refused divorces or worse, beheaded if they asked for one. Or if boys were honour killed for complaining about wearing their head garb to school. Islam targets women both blatantly and subtly, and is not acceptable in Canada.

There is no legal equivalency between Canadian. domestic violence on women, and Islamic violence on women, Charliep, which you know full well. Men who kill women in Canada are subject to arrest, a trial and a sentence. Men who kill women in islamic counties are considered morally right and rightfully legal. I am not prepared to accept Sharia Law.

The most revealing question one can ask an Islamist is if they are willing to renounce Sharia Law which enforces many morals that the West rejects. Their faith requires subjugation to Islam and Sharia Law. You will not find a "good" Muslim who will truthfully agree to reject Sharia Law.

But wilful blindness is live and well among the defenders of Islam, isn't it. Parsley.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...