• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Rate Cuts Ahead

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Rate Cuts Ahead

Yesterday's Canadian GDP cut of 0.2% to 1.9% is a clear indication of further rate cuts by the Bank of Canada possibly in March (IMO).

Also the U.S. GDP for the fourth quarter was revised lower to 2.6% . . . below the average guess of 3.1% and well below the 3rd quarter pegged at 5%.

Translation: Canada is in-recession. The U.S. is slipping back into recession. GDP data released 90 days from now will be very interesting as the true recovery in the U.S. will be put to-the-test.

As far as a rate hike by the U.S. Fed in 2015, not a chance (IMO). The last thing the U.S. needs now is a stronger U.S. dollar which would be the result of a rate hike. Once the 2nd quarter U.S. GDP is released, that will put this interest rate idea into perspective.

Negative mortgage rates are popping up in europe,how bizarre is that.

Comment

Negative rates?

Would that mean the bank is helping you pay for your house?

Just some help here on the explanation on what that means cotton? Thanks.

Comment

Sort of,more like the savers paying.

Comment

So......wealth redistribution?

Robin hood like?

Vader/... like?

Day of reckoning like?

Comment

Just an example of how broken things are.

The western world is broke,economy is in taters,stock markets at all time highs,bond prices are at all time highs(yield and price of a bond are inverse measurements of the same thing,if you hold a bond at 1% and yield goes to 3% the value of your bond goes down)

So the important thing is to watch capital flows,the hard part for me is figuring out who is bidding on the assets,central banks or investors,look at belgium buying up goobs of us treasuries,obviously a back door fed play,i know confusion has taken hold because information is being suppressed and lied about.

Kind of like being at a poker table and you know the dealer is bottom dealing(giving known cards from bottom of the deck to certain players)but you can't walk away from the game,your forced to play.

Comment

Errol.. How low do you figure the Cdn$ is going to go? Is it too buy late to buy $US? I do agree that the US will re enter recession which means a full on 1930's style depression for the rest of the world which includes Canada. Our economy is less diverse than it was 20 yrs ago so the end of the commodities boom will hit hard in Canada.

Comment

Here you go Cotton.

Little did we know that just minutes after our tweet, we would learn that at least one place is already paying homeowners to take out a mortgage. That's right - the negative rate mortgage is now a reality.

Thanks of Mario Draghi's generosity with "other generations' slavery", and following 3 consecutive rate cuts by the Danish Central Bank, a local bank - Nordea Credit - is now offering a mortgage with a negative interest rate! This means, according to DR.dk, that Nordea have had to pay instead of charging interest to to a handful of customers, says housing economist at Nordea Kredit, Lise Nytoft Bergmann for Finance.

There is so much proof that the ponzie scheme bankers are trying every single angle to keep the world believing in them and their ability to print money out of thin air. QE and Queen E my ass. These con artists are going down.

Come on people - the die is cast. The American dollar and the Euro will be replaced. Not sure how the transition will happen but it is inevitable.

Comment

Comment

ajl . . . Please take this as an opinion

Believe that both the Euro and Canadian dollar are quite oversold. How can that be? IMO, the US economy is about to show us some serious cracks in their so-called recovery.

Consumerism is dying in the states. Dec retail sales were very disappointing. The 2nd quarter US GDP will tell a significant story

Once this data begins to show up as a stalling American economy, the US dollar could begin to weaken flowing offshore investment back into the loonie.

Is a rebound back toward 85 cents possible? Why not. . . But the timing of this is difficult.

Comment

Sounds like you might have listened to the first half of the video errol. For those of you who chose to listen to the second half and all of his fear, don't be alarmed, there are better solutions out their but you really have to look for them beyond any mainstream bullshit.

Comment

70% of the American economy is driven by consumer spending. And there is no evidence of wage growth stateside which is a key barometer of economic recovery.

This will make life difficult for brick and mortar operations. Suspect we will see many closures and bankruptcies in the retail sector over the next two to three years.

Comment

I wasn't sure before this weekend but I found some stuff... we will have negative rates in canada yet....

As far as retail look at how many companies have or are pulling out of canada in the last 2 months.

Comment

rkiaser
                            you got me all mellowed out with your
                            chants and exercises the other day then drop this audio link on me.

jeez thanks a lot.

assuming this all comes to pass. and yes the USA has always been a shit disturber. and yes i think corporate money and power are more powerful than
                            nations.
                            and nations are actually their puppets.

So what does it all mean.
                            economic collapse. poss. war

should i build a chicken house and buy a cow. stock up on garden seeds, canned goods and toilet paper?

and who are the uber rich, where are they going to sit out the wars.

it is starting to sound like the left and the libertarians have the same enemy. pretty freaky

Can they fool us into mindless war . and what purpose

if canada was not invaded, and we got rid of Harper ( i know he is itching to kill a bunch of Arabs,Russians ).
                            ( probably atheists and ndp ers too lol)

.could we not just go back to 40s - 50s 60s economy . and avoid the wars? and start over without the banks?

kinda hoping your all crazy, but still thinking about getting the chickens.

Comment

We should be good then. Already have the garden, beef, and sheep for wool. There's a saying/joke among my fellow wool spinners and fiber artist types ... " This is not my hobby. This is my post apocolyptic skill set".

But I would rather it just be a hobby. Lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...