• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farmers loosing billions

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farmers loosing billions

Like the CWB or hate the CWB the fact remains farmers are loosing Billion on their wheat.
    5 dollar a bushel wheat with a 80 cent dollar give me a break
    People are unlikely to admit they were on the wrong side but the pain and anger they express indicates that they were wrong on the CWB.
    Here is a chart prepared by the Canadian Wheat Board Alliance that show that farmers are receiving only 40% of the Vancouver price where in the past with the CWB in place farmers received about 90% of the Vancouver price
    http://www.cwbafacts.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Grain-Companies-take-excess-profits-CONTEXT1.pdf

The loss of the farmer elected, single desk Canadian Wheat Board has resulted in an increasingly dysfunctional rail system, no grain logistics oversight, a loss of transport efficiency on rail and at sea, reduced grain quality guarantees to other nations, and an overall yearly loss of billions of dollars in income to farmers which has had a devastating impact on the rural Manitoban economy. The ending of the CWB marketing system has resulted in the loss of 460 direct good quality jobs in the heart of Winnipeg and a further 1,834 full-time equivalent jobs that were sustained by the CWB’s administrative expenditures.

Where's 2010 2011 2012 2013?

Comment

Mostly drivel. You lost me at "loosing".

Comment

I got lost at Integrity.

Comment

Cwb states that they only want to pass on 70%
          Get off the cwb They became corrupt. Good riddance. We need more of what the USA has .

Comment

Tweety
            I think you were or are some kind of cartoon character. Am I correct? Go to the CWBA site www.cwbafacts.ca/ and ask them the question.

Checking
            You are very good at spell check. Is that why you call yourself checking?

TAS farms
            Where is your 70% quote from? Is this from the Ritz governments CWB? It is more like 40% of the Vancouver price you receive from the grain companies.

Where is the CWB audited statement?

Enjoy the low prices boys as ag economist Richard Gray states low prices could last for decades.

I thought the grain companies would be competing to buy your grain. How is that working?

Comment

70% thats the most Cwb says that they will pass on. That what the cwb reps for this area say. They will be glad to pass on less if they can get away with it

Comment

TAS Farms
                So this is Ritz's government run CWB. I would agree they are returning far less than 70%. How can they when they no longer have a single desk.

Ask your reps why there is no CWB audited financial statement from Ritz? This is the government run CWB. What are the grain companies charging farmers to handle CWB grain?

The farmer elected single desk CWB returned over 90% of the port price to farmers

Comment

finished hauling my 20000 bu contract yesterday for 8.29 avearage,the old 75 ford did it again (only one more payment on her)its been great the last two years running my own farm.

Comment

Received $14.75 US for my 85hvk 300 falling # durum and $11.50 Canadian for my 40hvk #3 durum. Shipped, done and gone What % of Thunder Bay or Vancouver is that integrity farmer. Time to quit whipping that dead horse called the single desk.

Comment

Wakopa, nuff said!
                      Other than the fx ****, which we often suffered.,why is no one expending the calories to call a spade a spade. Intestinal Farmer is an idiot.
                      Maybe this is why I keep coming back to this negative, "we're all f__ked" site. Yes, it takes intestinal fortitude to slog through the doom and gloom and repeat time and again in the face of revisionist drivel; IDIOT!
                      You're an Uncle Tom saying Jim Crow is worse.

Comment

Rereading first post it appears IF is not a whipped syndrome farmer ( no slave better act like an uppity slave cause he's no better than this slave)but a union or politician wonk.

Comment

It ****in pisses me off when people say that we have to be like the USA. If you like it so much why the **** don't you move there. We had a Canadian grain marketing system and why did we have to be like the USA? It sure as **** isn't working here

Comment

I can't find where I said that. You, tsetse, would fall under the syndrome heading.

Comment

Is Pasteur the wheat of choice in Manitoba now due to the open border?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...