• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to shut the news Off! One report dry one wet same day!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to shut the news Off! One report dry one wet same day!

In this day of instant information, maybe we hit a point where information overload has appeared.
    Today their are reports that the main water way in Brazil is to low for Barge traffic, one would think this is good for markets. But then their is reports of huge Brazil crop and no weather problems at all. Then reports of Drought.
    Then the USA winter wheat crop could use a good rain and wow is it dry from ND all way down. Next blip prices down due to rain arriving.
    Common sense is out the window.
    But all this information has me thinking about a comment yesterday how a paid service helps its farmers. Ah transparency helps farmers and the Fed screwed this up when they got rid of the cwb and didn't go the extra mile putting in information from Grain companies on sales ships waiting turn around by cars etc. They wanted the open market more than farmers so the Feds should have said its easy you get this but in return we are forcing you to give reports each week or day on what is going on. Up grade stats can or who ever to handle and get on with things.
    Yes one can have nice people come out and for a fee look after all your marketing and you sit back and haul or open bins when they say.
    But its more they have all the answers. No is the answer to that. They are doing like all Market reports passing info onto the consumer of their product for a fee.
    Yes some years they hit it dead on then some they screw up so bad its not even funny. Kind of like a guy who years ago said fert was cheap at the high end you have to buy.
    We all have opinions and that is what it is.
    Facts from grain companies on Sales, Grade, Product, Shipping point, what country purchase and canceled sales.
    Then Farmers could make real decisions.
    Also grade is a BS game in HRS. Malt is grading game but that is for a different day.
    Transparency is what's was needed.
    But today Saudi Arabia they told all their farmers that the state will be Importing all their Wheat needs from now on. I guess were not quite at that point yet.
    So yes its every farmers right to choose who they deal with and what they pay for services.
    Ah farming its such a simple job.

Maybe they could gerry ritz to do some fact finding at the usda.

It's all being done south of the border. It's mandatory FFS.

And Cargill knows how it works. They comply with the usda every day.

So do they railways. CP and cn have both been called in front of the STB. But they font have the option to tell the US government to **** off like in canada.

Comment

Explanation of grading in Canada it is a science.
      First you suck grain through a vacuum to a holding point.
      Then you put in a dirty shaker. Weigh out the particles that come over top.
      Now the fun part you put on coke bottle glasses these are special glasses given to only the top grain graders in Canada. Ok all are given these their is no top grader in Canada.
      Now you grab set tweezers, It doesn't matter what your looking for this is your prize to get the most kernels you don't like out.
      After you have looked and looked and looked you now check moisture and protein and then dump into the feed bin number 32 which is on a big board. The big board has a number two poor written in the bin slot.
      Ah grading in Canada.

Comment

Ritz blew the whole thing with out having some one at Ag Canada do some research and say wait a minuet partner slow down this could happen if we don't do this correct.
        No ritz just pushed it through. Yes I will admit I wanted the CWB gone. Still like the fact that its gone. But the shit show we have in Canada is a joke.
        BTO summed it up great last week.
        How come if farmer hauls equal distance to elevator in Canada and equal distance to elevator in USA. Gets paid roughly same 5 in Canada and 5 in USA but when he deposits the USA check he has almost 20% more.
        Ah we have a problem Houston.

Comment

Then send it to the coast and call it all a number 1.

Comment

Yea I forgot that trick. God their is so many. Maybe That's what some of these advisors show their farmers.

Comment

I will say it again, " Farmers need to demonstrate." Instead of whining on Agriville. Tractors, combines signs and megaphones at the legislature. That would get the politicians' attention.

Comment

If interest rates rise we would have lots of allies at the legislature.

Comment

Sdg, demonstrate for what? ****ing political lip service saying they'll study it? The only "lip service" that's paid off, was the lip service our govermment got for opening the flood gates. A few Ministers are real happy and the other Beneficiaries got what the wanted and were happy once they got the taste out of their mouths. A small price to pay for what they gained. ..

Comment

Probit was doing a political survey last night. All answers went to ndp. Interesting questions like have you ever belong to a union.

Some jobs force you to join doesn't mean you are a ndp.

Comment

Yea its to bad , this site has a lot of potential , whats wrong with creating a real farmer organization by farmers that would look after our interests ?? Just like it has been mentioned on here. Hire lawyers , lobbyists , marketing people , etc. .Can you imagine how much money this lobby group would represent , this is huge . Instead, we keep whining, arguing , fighting and staying separated , which is exactly what all these companies want and need to carry on their game. I sure wouldn't mind a check off going into that instead of the shit were getting now for our check-off money . The problems are well known. Instead of reading same thing every day . Bucket brought the exchange BS to light long ago , someone tried to explain it and BTO made the best , simplest explanation there ever could be of how were getting screwed . Anyone that can't understand that doesn't want to . There are no other explanations or experts that can explain it any better . Yet it keeps coming up over and over without anything being done. What would be wrong with starting a solution right here ???? Anyone have any ideas how something like this could be started ?? We are wasting a real valuable resource here as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Whats posted on this site is what keeps me coming back. As frustrating as it is....

Comment

Case yesterday I posted about it and not one expert. Trust me their on here watching and listening and posting.
                          Not one gave a explanation on the exchange rate.
                          Because the Markets don't work and wont till a bunch of shit is put in place. Ritz failed and failed miserably but he doesn't care since its retirement 101 for him. Then a board seat with some Grain or chem or fert board.
                          But the Farmlink guy tried on a diffent area to give his side. But still no one can answer that question or better put don't want to.
                          We have useless organizations that take money for check offs, get fed money and do shit all for the farmers that their suppose to represent.
                          Yes Us farmers are to blame also for not sitting or running for these boards and pushing out the guys who are their just for a check, a dinner and a free night in the big city.
                          Problem I find is I'm ready to quit and its the young who need to get on these boards and take charge. Not sit on these boards and Shake their heads like the Bobble heads I buy in USA.
                          Maybe I failed farmers and so many of us did by not speaking up sooner and doing some thing. Rallies are no good they just make a headline and you get lip service and studies. That's all they do.
                          I don't know the answer but I know the problem and its huge.
                          Then today I read we should watch our costs of production more this year than any other. WTF.
                          Fert Up no fault of ours.
                          Seed up no fault of ours.
                          Every thing is up because ok Ill pick one its the Dollar. HA HA.
                          Yet this genius is talking watching our costs.
                          Keep us broke and they run the show.
                          Ah Farming.

Comment

oh the memories. late sixties early seventies. operation lift. paid to summerfallow. holy crap less production prices rise. hmm i remember thinking what we could do without cwb and maybe have farmer formed cartel. im to old and tired now.

Comment

Keep hearing on this site that if we only banded together more as farmers, it would answer our problems.
                              Suggest it is more likely that we will continue to go away from union and co-operative activity based on social values which supported establishment of pools and co-ops.
                              Means more of a business competitive than a brother's keeper attitude.
                              Not saying either is good or bad, just what I see coming.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...