• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Input capital corp

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Input capital corp

I am on the fence with this company. I keep thinking it may be worth buying. BUT upon 11th glance, I was looking at the key statistics and saw their profitability is -21.89%.
    This concerns me. They have no debt, so basically put their cash to work with canola farmers, take the profits and pay themselves, then taxes and the rest should be profit. So, how do they end up having -21.89% profit, and how long do they stay in business at this rate?

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=INP.V

Comment

It's proving to be really good for graincos.

Comment

really really really good for them yup

Comment

Is the Canadian dollar low or is it just read the USD is high. It's not the same thing when dealing with countries other than the US.

Comment

Not in Ag.
            Equipment is now 20% higher coming in from USA.
            Fert is up because even if it comes from Canada its priced in USA dollars.
            HA HA
            Grain companies use the dollar difference for extra profit as its never figured into basis.
            It goes on and on and on.

Comment

The company under 2 years old. For any company to be profitable in under the first 5 years would be fantastic. They are at the front end of their streaming contracts that have an average length of 7 years.

They reported (aug 29/14)that they had 60million to deploy in new contracts. They recently reported they deployed 16.9 million and the stock jumped from 2.10 to 2.45

IMHO It will bounce again...look at the 3 month chart.

I have some crumbs in Input Capital currently (only 615 shares) I had an automatic sell order in when it jumped higher and made 200$ could have made 2500. I had in over 10,000 shares so would have made 2500$

I converted that cash to us dollars and bought vti an American etf...and with the falling canadian dollar and rising us market I am currently killing it!

Comment

I also hold Suncor in my tsfa

I would love to own more input capital just enjoying the dollars ride down 8 percent since dec 25th

Comment

Have been watching they have dropped for last few weeks correct.
                  Interesting.

Comment

Did you buy the land at Thorhild? I know that area some. Very variable dirt in that area.

Comment

The oil patch has now slowed for me also in GP (finally) actually getting a couple days off. Went and visited the 109 million dollar rec centre that's on track to lose just under 3million this year. They recently raised prices some and it is a very busy place. The gym are has hundreds of people working out on a Thursday night of all things.

Comment

No the deal in thorhill didn't make sense after the trip up their.
                        Ah farming. I still think three years from now it will be like shooting fish in a barrel how much land will be available to rent or purchase if a guy was young and ambitious that's when the fun is going to happen.

Comment

Their timing is off... they are getting into canola just as commodity cycle comes to an end(see energy companies that entered late),could be challenging few years ahead.

Comment

Good for cattle.

Comment

Kato.

Good for you cattle guys that stuck it out. You deserve even more.

Here is a question I ask local cattle guys.

Would it make sense to further reduce your herd, put some cash away, reduce work load while still making the same money on fewer head? By reducing you are creating demand with lower supply and prices should stay high longer?

Just wondering?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...