• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Prairie International

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green Prairie International

Has anyone dealt with them in the past? Good or bad?

Made an oat contract with them yesterday and noticed in the contract that they weren't bonded. Haven't signed it yet, so we can back out if needed.

I have always considered the contract made once two parties agree to make the contract. Am I wrong and losing out sometimes ? As prices sometimes rise after agreement but before signing. At least my relationships with buyers are good. I think you can ask for payment every x amount of loads best while writing the contract or verbally.

Comment

ZEE always ask questions.
      Funny did get yesterday some info that Cargill in your neck of the woods had a fall price picked up for oats at $3.05 to Yorkton. Ah Cargill south a few towns at $2.85 and I have to deliver to town next fall. Think we need more open info this doesn't make sense.

Comment

SF3, you're thinking of the wrong guy. I'm south of Swift in jdgreens area.
        I will be doing some phoning this morning. Always good to ask other farmers too, hence asking here.

Comment

Sorry that is BigZEE.
          Yes always ask around. Like my father-in-law always says if you don't ask they cant read your mind. Asking a simple question sometimes gets great results.

Comment

Yes, I have dealt with John over at Green Prairie a number of times. I used to grow Timothy and alfalfa and the interactions I had with John were very positive. I found him to be a straight shooter and he always carried through on his part of the deal. Their money was always good and even though they are not bonded I wouldn't have any concerns about dealing with him again. Hope this helps.- Patrick

Comment

Thanks Pat. I've made phone calls this morning that confirm what you're saying.

Comment

I would agree with you hopper. Paper is just a failsafe if something goes wrong. I was just caught off guard as i had dealt with a broker and had no mention of them not being bonded. A couple loads of oats is a big deal to a small guy like me. I didn't want to end up in a "Newco-esc" situation.

Comment

sold them fert back in 2007/2008. Good honest company

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...