• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feet prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feet prices

I know this post has been on before but, what's happening with fertilizer prices? Got a call yesterday to lock in my NH3 as it will be going up. WTF oil is down, natural gas is down but fert goes up. Bums to the wall!!

Panic, quick, buy your seed and fertilizer! We are running out! Prices are going up! Hurry hard!

It is a sales pitch. That is all.

Comment

Does anyone have a chart with a prairie NItrogen price chart for the last 20 years?

An input rep has told me that 19 of the last 20 years prices are higher in May vs December/Jan.
      (Spring of 2009 being the exception)

Comment

I spoke for mine in Dec it's gone up 100$ per ton since. It's an expensive gamble to wait. Was told it will probably go up another $100. Remember inputs are based on the US dollar.

Comment

Spring of 2009 was the only year we did not prebuy ,because $1200/ton fertilizer didn't pencil out very well. My suggestion is do what you feel is right because nobody actually knows how these cartels work. They know that x number of tons have to be bought regardless so they can charge whatever they want do to no competition in the industry. Better start buying containers full from China then you might see a price drop. Till then your just going to have to pay.

Comment

They have secured enough $10 canola till new crop so that won't be going up, now if we all cave in to these fertilizer prices they won't be coming down.
            Let's see if doing the same thing again will bring different results this time.

Comment

You do realize the Canadian dollar is becoming worthless as well. This is the only reason grains and fertilizer is going up right now.

Comment

So it's only our inputs that change with the dollar?
                To bad the commodities we sell don't follow the same rules.

Comment

Immagine if we did have a par dollar what our grain prices really would be? Fertilizer would be more nuts if the market was buying corn acres. Anyone price 46 0 0 south of the border? Maybe they only ship rail. More should post of fert buddy.

Comment

You can buy premium 46-0-0 straight from China in 40ton containers. $300/ton US dollars. By the time you ship it middle of nowhere SK it is probably double. If the Chinese don't take your money and run.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...