• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some intresting wheat slides

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some intresting wheat slides

mg src="http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac163/HerrnbockFarms/wheat1_zps9f37968f.png" border="0" alt=" photo wheat1_zps9f37968f.png"/>

mg src="http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac163/HerrnbockFarms/wheat2_zps364ed13e.png" border="0" alt=" photo wheat2_zps364ed13e.png"/>

These are from a software program for two of our fields... assuming current N cost, wheat protein spreads and $5.40/bu base price for HRS. :P

Comment

Curious which software program.

Comment

Does your software program have a maturity and lodging factor? Or are growth regulators a must? If I applied 140#N for the maximum return as per your slides, the crop would never ripen nor would it stand up.

Comment

why does yield level off at 50?

Comment

That's lbs of urea... not actual.

Yield levels at 50 because that's the max potential of these fields....

Comment

I would bet that his crop will stand up because he splits his N applications - we have almost eliminated lodging in wheat by split applying N - at seeding - herbicide and fungicide time .

Comment

Perhaps our fields are similar, 160 lbs of urea made 52 bu, but protein was 12.5-13%, a touch low. Does not lodge here at those rates, Utmost anyway.

Comment

The U of Montana has that App. It's actually free.

Don't have the link with me.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...