• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Durum Seed

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Durum Seed

Got results. One sample is under 70% germ and vigor. And 4.5% graminarium.

Other was 72% germ. 84% vigor? Showed 0% graminarium and total fusarium. but they're redoing it cause they think they screwed up the disease test. And I Know they definitely did cause it's got fusarium in the sample when you look at it.

Question is,
    Would 84% vigor, 72% germ be high enough. Germ tests are done with water only and seed sidecar side so disease infected kernels spread to their neighbours and kill them. Vigor is done in dirt. More of a true test in my opinion.

BTW.... any one got strongfield durum seed for sale?

I got certified AAC Raymore for sale.

89% germ
    77% vigour
    0% gram

Go to web site below to see seed test results

http://jagfarms.blogspot.ca/2015/01/aac-raymore-seed-test-results.html?m=1

Comment

AAC Raymore Durum, just released for Spring 2015, is a new solid stemmed durum from Secan. Raymore is very similar to AC Strongfield but offers up a solid stem trait that helps the variety to resist sawfly attacks. It has slightly better
      protein than Strongfield while yielding similarly.

Comment

Interesting.
        Is saw fly still an issue anywhere?
        How well does it cut and thrash? Slower?
        How does maturity and height compare to strongfield?

Comment

commander durum for sale
          97 % germ
          0 fus
          friend has good strong field for sale
          south of regina

Comment

How much for that new durum variety.

Comment

Jag I meant that for you

Comment

I'm sorry but Brett Young is cheap for a reason. Their genetics are utter crap. Always have been.

What's Canterra 1990 worth? I love that one.

Comment

Negative SF3 the pattern full!!
                  Stick to canola

Out & Over

Comment

Come on I loved growing durum big yields and the best a #2 but a one if it went to swift to the relative.
                    Yes I really think we're done with durum!

Comment

Our price for AAC Raymore is $19 bu we might be adjusting our price after crop production week in Saskatoon next week.

It is very similar to Strongfield for maturity and to harvest. AAC Raymore yields similar to Strongfield and has better protein.

It will be interesting to see the specs for AAC Raymore in the 2015 Sask Seed guide.

Sawfly is a issue in some areas and some years more than others.

I think it stands up much better and does not lodge over as much as other varieties.

Comment

JAG; The fields of Raymore Walter Fast grew along Hwy44 by Glidden had some bad lodging issues.
                        Brigade is the one I feel has the best lodging resistance, unfortunately it's sample quality is never as nice as Strongfield.

Comment

Coleville that is a good point. Added benefit of higher production can often be eaten up by quality side by side.

Comment

Negative colevilleH2S

With lots of rain Brigade will go down to easier than a Thailand hooker on fleet week and Shitty sample

Over & Out

Comment

Iceman, I didn't think you knew anything about hookers. Slider always said the only part of Topgun you watched was the Volleyball scene; if you know what I mean ;-)

Bogey on your six!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...