• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dam Farmers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dam Farmers

http://www.mysask.com/portal/site/main/template.MAXIMIZE/CBC/?javax.portlet.tpst=c0a4e38b7a6c13ff3a3d551050315a e8_ws_MX&javax.portlet.prp_c0a4e38b7a6c13ff3a3d551 050315ae8_viewID=cbc_story_view&javax.portlet.prp_ c0a4e38b7a6c13ff3a3d551050315ae8_feedName=http://syndication.cbc.ca/sasktel/sasktelfeed.xml&javax.portlet.prp_c0a4e38b7a6c13ff 3a3d551050315ae8_CBC_URL=http://www.cbc.ca/i/news/v10/storytemplates/sasktel.html?/ept/html/news/canada/saskatoon/close-call-between-semi-trucks-caught-on-video-1.2892748&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.c achetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.c achetoken

Wished they would have kept camera rolling. Be cool to see what happened when other driver got out.

Comment

Just wondering how many of you do regular (not necesarily annual) driver training for themselves or their employees? Even if it is just practice on your own - i.e. pulling into an empty parking lot/gravel road with your "B" train and hammering the brakes to stop the rig in a made up emergency situation?

Comment

I make the comment as a motorcycle rider. Stuff happens really fast. Muscle memory/instant thought process can be (not guaranteed) the difference between a near miss and disaster. Practice is the way to develop skills.

Comment

charliep, I still feel that the biggest problem is very few are defensive drivers. Unless you cannot hear in the video, but that driver should of noticed that the semi was not going to stop, and waited until the last second to react himself. Rule of thumb, just because you have the right of way, does not mean you are going to be given the right of way.

Comment

Agree. As a motorbike, I am the one who is responsible for my life regardless of how stupid the other driver is. The thing is to observe what is going on around you and make good decisions.

Comment

Great Idea Charliepee,

Yall Gunna Buy New Tires From Skidding As Well?????

Comment

Scary, I think I would have had to wipe the skidding from my shorts. I am saddened to see it was a truck pulling super B's, that being said, it wasn't necessarily a "farmer" pulling them either, lot's of custom haulers in and out of this yard that never farmed yet pulling grain trailers.

Comment

ya it was dumb and it could be a farmer.
                  but that is a bad spot. saskatoon
                  north is pretty well turning into a nightmare traffic wise.

Comment

Agchat the driver with the camera would have the impression that the other driver was making a right turn untill the truck crossed the second lane. I thought he reacted pretty good. Must have had breaks adjusted just right and been empty and no ice good tires. Was a pretty fast stop.

Comment

I ride and drive semi, I've seen all shades of stupid.

Lucky he was empty and it was dry. There should be no left turns at that intersection. There is no need for it. There's a GD exit ramp if you go to Idywyld the other direction. The entrance for the new buiness park should be at the west end. Stupid city. Don't worry there will be lights up there by next fall.

Comment

And that will create a whole new problems including the assumption vehicles stop for red lights.

Comment

Terrible intersection. Probably speed limit should be lowered from 110 till traffic is past it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...