• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More for Less

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A beer after the gym seems a bit counter productive?

Comment

Furrow your advice on buying inputs from independants is bang on. Line companies do not get a cent from me neither does CPS. Agrium does more to increase our fertilizer costs than any other company in canada imo. Ado focusing on profit per acre instead of yeild is great advice for all of us.

Comment

Oddly enough I've never really experienced jealousy ,I was always always happy to see the good big farmers buying the new stuff because I could buy it ten years latter,everyone gets dealt a hand but you boys that have the ace up the sleeve called "help,ie more than one really really involved"-well you guys may want to give some guys a little room to vent like freewheat. Being alone is not easy.

Comment

Ouch!
          Those big tractors and combines don't really wear out that much, farmers get ashamed of them. Look at Ritchie brothers lineup.
          Agreed, really I cannot criticize others too heavily, it's none of my business. I don't buy many inputs, most grain goes to mills or feedlots direct. I do empathize with farmers, the rules of business are basically upside down. I call it "bizzaro business" rules. Many farms have it figured out best they can, I seem to always be missing 2 pieces of the puzzle!

Comment

Local Richardson Pioneer said, "dont bring your grain here if you dont buy some of your inputs from here". Well, after hearing that, off i went to the local indepdent to buy my inputs, and sent my grain south if the line.

Comment

Local Richardson Pioneer said, "dont bring your grain here if you dont buy some of your inputs from here". Well, after hearing that, off i went to the local indepdent to buy my inputs, and sent my grain south if the line.

Comment

Agchat I hear'ya. We farm north of Tisdale. Tisdale, as being our major deliverer point consists of six major grain companies. Bunge crushing in Nipawin, P&H, Louis,Viterra,JRI and Cargill.
                For some reason Cargill and JRI continually compete for the bottom price. For some unexplained reason (to me anyways) the lowest price can still generate a large volume of grain. The other 3 line companies just cherry pik with pricing targets and do large volumes and smile all day. And Bunge, well they just continue to smile and make millions a month!!!!

Comment

Selling inputs to farmers and trying to buy low priced grain in return was not working. Only jri here is still attempting it. I would think their business. The most productive ugg in western canada is not any more.

Comment

MB,

What Location Would That Be, Over!!!!!!!!

Comment

MB...you're not the first one to say that's happened or have had it happen to. Won't share location/names...I simply choose to categorize location as dirty during dirty times, and won't deal with dirty. Dunno if individual or cultural though, but I find myself asking that question.
                      You're right...theres other options.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...