• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So If the Retarded Sister Cant rally this winter will any one grow it next spring!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So If the Retarded Sister Cant rally this winter will any one grow it next spring!

RSF15 (Jan '15) 461.60 -0.10 461.50 461.60 461.50 461.70 41 01:06
    RSH15 (Mar '15) 448.90 0.30 448.00 449.80 447.10 448.60 1,000 07:41
    RSK15 (May '15) 442.50 0.80 441.10 442.70 440.90 441.70 262 07:18
    RSN15 (Jul '15) 438.10 -1.30 440.00 440.00 439.30 439.40 13 02:11
    RSX15 (Nov '15) 429.50 0.50 429.00 429.70 426.00 429.00 50 07:33

Soy is green were up a penny or red on board this morning.

All I'm asking has the retarded sister lost her luster.
    Seed sales are shitty. Seed companies are worried their Ponzi scheme is over and are warning farmers not to seed bin run seed, teaming up to do this.

My question is why grow a crop that costs way to much compared to other crops for what. Helping the industry make money off us. Profit boys is the name of the game and unless their is some rally coming why grow it.
    Durum was available a few weeks ago for 8 for fall if one can grow durum, has the seed, why waist time growing canola.

Our dollar is down hard this morning aren't we the cheapest place in the world to get canola.

If oats has a $3 for fall price I will easily take canola down by another 1000 acres in 2015 and switch to oats.

I for one believe the seed and chemical companies with their greedy shitty seed Ponzi scheme took a great crop and wrecked it. Time will tell but I'm thinking maybe that time is closer than we think. Yet some still want HRS and Barley and Oats to go the same way.
    Or is a rally in the cards to buy acreage. IF South America produces a crop like the pictures show can you say 7.50 for fall.

Geezus SF3, you are going to piss off the advisors that are trying to run the same scheme on cereals.

You are a brave man exposing the scheme.

Comment

I keep looking at how a great crop like canola became the Retarded Sister and only one group is to blame for her demise. The seed and Chemical companies and their greed.
      Farmers need to make money first then others.
      Cereals will be the same thing promise of big yields and shit all will come of it.
      Give me a variety that gets rid of Fusarium and maybe you can get 30 a bushel for the seed but till then the same bullshit show with little to no gain in yields and look at our new varieties that do shit all but cost more.

Comment

My one point is why are we not getting better basis for out of country sales if our dollar is so cheap its not even funny.

Comment

Re: seed sales and prices, because some keep swallowing the bait. The land that sells for 320K/quarter can make anything work. The "Hood" farmers have more trouble justifying the increasing costs...

You should be used to being squeezed from both sides by now.

Comment

I agree to a point!! Seed cost are out of this world. I bought my seed month ago and paid $517/bag for L252. There were a lot higher prices than that so I got a smokin deal LOL. There aren't alot of choices for an oilseed in a rotation besides flax, which I dont like to grow. Soybeans are out of the question for me, the return is not there. Besides seed cost is also crazy.
            Fert prices are too high, but by spring they will be higher they always are. Canola does use a lot but so does durum if you want big production. The seed cost is the main issue.
            There will be gazillion ac of durum going in prices will half what they were this fall. A lot of seed growers are sold out and were charging $21 plus for seed. So really there's not a lot of difference between canola and durum seed cost per ac if u seed durum 2 bu/ac or better. New crop durum is around 6.50 which is nothing to brag about.
            Regardless of the cost there will still be a lot of canola going in.

Comment

I've booked and paid for most of my canola seed for 2015. It continues to pay the bills on this farm. L252 is priced at least 5% higher here.

Malt barley can work too.

Comment

Any chance of just using the word "canola" instead of trying to be humorous and using offensive terms?

Comment

Maverick, don't bother explaining cuz if they're too redneck to realize how offensive and wrong a title like that is, there is no use explaining it.

Comment

Blah blah blah!
                    When it was **** that needed to be changed! And canola was born! Then we let the chem and seed companies take control and now we have this shit show! Years of growing the crop, I see one thing canola performs compared to soy price and profit like a retarded sister! Yes it's offensive but hey they destroyed a wonderful crop!

Comment

Why do farmers always look at the supply side and not demand/consumption? It is your decision how intensively to grow canola or whether to grow it at all.

From the opportunity side, western Canada will be over 9 MMT of crush capacity with the opening of Cargill at Camrose. Western Canada can consistently sell 9 MMT of canola into the export market. Canola oil is a healthy vegetable oil that is growing market share. Canola meal has developed a niche in livstock.

Pulses crops are consistently developing new and expanding existing ones. Peas and China are tremendous success story. Cereal crops have bigger challengers in developing new markets.

So the challenge is to find a crop mix on your farm that works, are profitable and provides the best markets.

Comment

We have a crushing and export business built on unsustainable rotations. Lots of farmers are using a wheat canola rotation. I would say this increases chances of glyphosate resistant weeds and increased canola and wheat diseases. If more diverse rotations were implemented the price of canola seed would come down to make it more attractive to grow. Supply and demand does work.

Comment

Ham,

Ever Try Herding Cats!!!!!! Farmers are The Same Way, To Dupid!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Why has canola been priced at a discount to soy? Ya we had a large crop last year but it was much smaller this year.
                            Same with good HRSW - here in western Canada we should be at a premium to Minni wheat - no?

Comment

Furrow,

Without getting out my calculator, I believe canola is undervalued to soybean because of the meal/oil ratio. Meal demand has been strong and soy has more meal than canola. I'm sure Charlie can expand but I've got to get back to the shop. We need more flooding in Malaysia.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...