• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FabaBeans in 2014, good or bad?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snowdrops are what interest me. They are small seeded, only 2 bushels needed, no boot plugging. Looks like they yield lower to an extent...

Comment

Seabass, low tannins don't taste good so are unlikely to be humans. High tannin is for human consupmtion, but if you have lygus, and you will, they can't be sold as feed.

The faba conundrum.

Comment

Agree with tweedy . High tannin is for edible fa as and low tannin is for animal feed. I was told there is not such thing as high or low, either the variety has tannin or it does not. I have yet to confirm this officially.
        The big question, what to do about lygus. Some fast and rough reading claims they thrive on canola and alfalfa. I think they over winter in the soil, and feed on whatever is most palatable as the season progresses. I plan to grow some where there was canola on 2 sides of me.
        This is a little different, organically it is a fertility play. If they make a crop I harvest my fertilizer for next year. If they don't, I hook up to the eraser....disk....and work them in.
        Does lygus bug damage affect germination?
        I do also think they fixate more N than peas and possibly sweet clover.

Comment

I HAVE SENT FORTH THE BEANS OF FABA AND I HAVE DECREED THAT THEY BE STRONG OF NITROGEN FIXATION BUT LO THEY BE WEAK OF RESISTANCE TO THE PLAGUE OF THE LYGUS OR THE DRYNESS THAT MAY SWEEP THY LANDS.OFFER YOUR PRAYERS OF SUPPLICATION THAT THE RAINS MAY BE PLENTIFUL AND THE GROWING SEASON MAY BE LONG AND YOUR SOILS BE OF FREENESS OF THE CHEMICAL CARRY OVER OF THE LONTREL AND MANY OTHERS AND YOU MAY REAP THE BOUNTIFUL HARVEST.
          And then you can thank me

Comment

LOL... For a second I thought I was reading the script from a Cecil B Demille movie!

Comment

You could spray every day for lygus and still have damaged faba. Is there anywhere that doesn't have lygus?

Comment

I thought lygus were more in the dry areas???

I am not sure if we have them in sprayable numbers or not....

Maybe I am thinking weevils???

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...