• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Predictions for farming in 2015!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SF3, I've seen water that makes your shit show look like a shower. Do you think you're the only one that ever had bad weather? I farmed in a decade of drought in the eighties that would make the SW you spoke of look like the Gadda da Vida. 30 miles west of me people have lost their farms permanently to Whitewater Lake overflowing. You in fact, have a farm left, so count your blessings.

Comment

SF3, even tho you asked for my "perdition" (state of eternal punishment), ironically, i think a lot will depend on whether or not this is the the year countries like US or Canada will pay for its sins of living way above its means thru credit.

Comment

Nostradamus called. None of his quatrains show a Roughrider team winning much of anything I 2015!

Comment

Tweety I do agree with that point both have big debt issues and that is the tipping point.
          Brave wet is wet.

Comment

Tweety I do agree with that point both have big debt issues and that is the tipping point.
            Brave wet is wet and did you have 8 years of not seeding half of most of your farm year in year out. if you have good on you, if not quit comparing.

Comment

SF3, I'll quit when you quit. Between where I farm and where you farm people lost their homes in the flood.

There are degrees of luck. If you're still there, plus travelling most winters, those past eight years you mention must have had some bright spots.

Re grain cos and railroads, you of all people have the resources (trucks, men) to haul to Minot. Or, if you contracted domestically you could have hauled to AB to deliver on your contracts. You have shit storm plows. You could be the Plow King.

Comment

We will plant a crop. It will grow. We will harvest it.

It'll rain, maybe a little maybe a lot.

It'll be windy, maybe a little, maybe a lot.

There may be disease pressure, there may not.

Weeds will grow.

Fertilizer companies will gouge us.

Fuel won't be as cheap as it should be.

Parts will be expensive.

Everyone will want to farm off the farmer.

Next November it'll snow.

Comment

Extended prediction the railroads in jan 2016 will again tell shippers they should have started shipping new crop one month before harvest. klause will be one hundred percent correct if he put 80 percent in front of each prediction. I will totally **** up valentines day.

Comment

Anyone Remember Y2K!!!!!! Jesus, Thats 15 Years Ago Already!!!!!!! Where in The Hell Does The Time Go, Guess Time Flys When yer Havin Fun eh Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...