• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

popcorn

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

popcorn

Grab some. It's about to get fun!!!!

If you want a sure thing start an oil company and drill some heavy oil wells at Kerrobert. 175000 all in to drill one. Pay back in 8 months.

Next best buy gold

Next best buy silver

Next best grow grain in 2015 (not canola)

What about graphite?

The best commodity performance during the last bull market in the seventies was sugar making 4700 percent although short lived.

My money is on japan cds.

The great thing about the market is how unbelievably huge it is.

Comment

Are you and Hopperbin buying a drilling company?

Comment

Why would we do that? No money in operating drilling rigs. The money in oil is production and upgrading/value adding.

Comment

Orville Redenbacher and craft beer. Not investing, on the consumption side.

I would expect we will keep doing what were doing - mining the soil and stashing the cash. Plus probably put some loot into Crescent Point in a month or two. Sell covered calls on the XIU, Agrium or others, nothing fancy. Maybe try some fababeans. If we keep the iron budget small we should end up alright. Cheers! Question - do purchases at Barrett Jackson fall under the iron budget?

Comment

Loading up the covered wagon and heading further out west are we T Boone Pickens?

Over & Out

Comment

Nah... lol...

Kinda wish land would drop a bit. We aren't far from values around Three Hills now.

Last Q sold at 3150 an acre x 147 cult.

Comment

That's great news Klause, doing the math on our acres now. Where are we going... HIGHER! Way to expensive to buy more land, but wow is that a sell signal!

Comment

Love that land price!!

I too am hoping oil drops some more. Bought my input capital at 2.03 sold at 2.19. Then converted cash to u.s. dollars and bought VTI an American etf. Ride that higher for a bit while oil/canuck buck goes lower. Then hopefully pucking up some more cheap suncor.

Comment

Just finished 7 out of 8 days skiing. Plenty of oilfield workers skiing over the holidays not one out of work. Even one chinese guy set to learn drilling to start right away after new year. Him I had a few words for. Most others seemed to be on jobs that dont quit till breakup. So whats up.with all this?

Comment

http://www.ogj.com/topics/device/mobile/t/100481075/bhi-us-land-drilling-down-35-units-in-most-recent-rig-count.htm?

This report says Canada has 256 rigs working down 135 rigs for the week.

Not sure if I fully believe that but there is shacks being stashed/stored everywhere. That being said I gotta haul some equipment for a new encana lease after days off.

Comment

A bunch of singles shut down for Christmas... but I think a lot fewer Will fire up in the new year than usual.

400 maybe... Instead of the usual 600 every winter.

have things slowed down for ya All farmer?

Still getting full days I hope?

Comment

Things definitely have slowed which is good. Young guy quit a couple weeks back and his reason was too many hours. Most of the guys I know have money set aside most have 10k or better.

The company I work for guarantee's me a $2000 check every 2 weeks, some weeks last spring I was off 3 or 4 days in a row.

Comment

If things slow down wifey and I are off to Cuba. $1000 for a week flights iinclued.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...