• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Four Wise Men of Christmas!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Four Wise Men of Christmas!

So yesterday a typical day working in the shop i was visited by the four wise men trying to sell me much stuff!
    First out of the gate was a chem salesman just driving around looking for sales and bumming around! I said you came to the wrong yard today! It's almost year end and how can we help! Not interested was my remark, the prices of your product is up and my take home is down so you best turn and find a new shop! But merry Christmas to all was my reply! As he left he muttered under his breath that's the 10th yard with nothing but cheer and no sales to make me glitter from ear to ear.
    The second arrived in a simiar way with tons of fertilizer to bull shit my day! Again their is a shortage of supply. You have to by now or it will be gone In a little while! So please Mr. farmer come and order so much! I'm trust worthy and such!
    I said merry Christmas to you all, but sadly I'm not interested at all!
    He turned and muttered again that's number 20 with no sales of plenty! oh Santa when will this day end!
    The third arrived like a lightning strike, with a fancy new truck all decked out in in Red, White or Blue! The equipment dealer is here to brighten your day with many a new inventions that's here to help your farming day!
    Their is so many changes oh where do I start from fancy new add ons to brighten your day!
    I looked all around at his brochures and chuckled it's the same product as last year but the cost has probably doubled! Merry Christmas to you and have a good day! This old farmer is content with his ways!
    As he turned an headed out the door I almost thought that he swore! Then he muttered like the other two this is just awful it is 30 now what do I do! I'm wished merry Christmas but no sales in sight this might be a long winters night!
    The fourth was actually a total surprise since I have called him earlier and changed my mind! No canola will be grown on my farm next year I thought I was perfectly clear!
    Pleasant as always I listen to his speal as how it's the very best deal! It's the crop of choice so I have a few bags please mr farmer won't you join my side!
    Again I sat back and thought long and hard then said merry Christmas, now get out of my yard!
    As he turned with frustration and headed out, I heard him mutter these words quietly! That's number 40 oh what will I do! Their polite as hell but with no sale in sight oh lord this is going to be a sad night!
    Now the sun was setting on this very long day, I locked up the shed and headed away!
    Thinking out load along way we provide food for all every day but some how were the ones who have to pay! It's kind of strange and sad anyway! Ah I'm still breathing and happy all day, as I walk threw the door and am greeted by all and realize that family is the most precious gift of all! Merry Christmas from my farm family to you! It's time for me and not you! So the rest enjoy your Christmas meal and hopefully you realize I give you a great deal on that Christmas meal that you chew!
    Merry Christmas!

There are plenty of successful efficient profitable farms buying new machinery, chemical and fertilizer for tax management purposes. They know they have to be able to lock in margins. I agree There are some farms that are not doing this .
    There will be plenty of canola being planted for cash flow purposes. What else is a farmer going to grow for a chance at good prices?

Comment

Hobby I'll disagree with you it's slow real slow!

Comment

Impressive SF3, you have talent, Thanks for this and Merry Christmas to you.

Comment

Merry Christmas and a happy new year! I Aways believe You look after yourself first then help the rest!

Comment

That was a great read!!! Thank You SF3 Merry Christmas to you!!!'

Comment

Lol that was good. Nice to know a few of the big dragons are putting up a fight. Us little ones cant do much.

Comment

SF3, I hope that took you a while to think up or you are very talented! Merry Christmas on the beach.

Comment

They should start advertising canola seed on kijiji soon.

Every dealer is on there right now. WTF do salesman do all day?

Comment

ah fun times. Had this brain wave at dinner today. Yesterday was very busy day. Merry Christmas to one and all.

Comment

Thank you for a great piece of writing that made for very enjoyable reading!

Merry Christmas to you and your house as well.

Comment

It was a fun day and I needed a laugh as their actually was 4 sales people that arrived that day.
                        Ah farming.
                        Merry Christmas to all.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...