• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

canola pricing

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canola pricing

wondering if I should lock in basis for march/april at around $ 6/tonne??

then hope the futures improve, it seems now as soon as futures climb the companies increase the basis.

wondering if we will see $10 canola by spring???

Some canola is already over $10.00....

Ooops, I was looking at the expense side of the ledger. My bad.

Comment

yep, bought some seed this fall, $11.44/lb.

would be nice to sell for $11.44 per bushel

Comment

If the seed is treated with Luniderm and Jump start it gets even higher than that price.
        Yea Canola is a great crop to grow.
        Industry wins farmers lose.

Comment

Used to be a good cash crop. Still is but not for the farmer

Comment

Then don't grow it. It's your farm. Grow something else.

Canola @ 280-300/ac to grow it. a 45-50 bu crop @ 9 is 450/ac. Puts about 25 grand in jeans per quarter. seed 4 quarters and love life or go to the city, work 8-5 mon to Friday, make 100,000 and hate life.

Even at 40 bu, making money. 30 bu gets dicey but it's not every year every field. Farming is very rewarding profitable living where the only true person in control of your destiny is you.

Comment

Trouble is costs on rented land are in the $350 range and at 40 is just break even. Many farmers could use a new calculator. Almost all farmers would increase their net in 2015 by renting out their land.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...