• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain Cartel

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grain Cartel

Hello all,
    Wondering if futures rise in coming months will the GrainCartel (aka Line companies) continue to widen basis to keep prices low and "steal" our grain.
    Your thoughts

Won't let them steal mine.

I'll be selling more durum, and durum, and durum to the US, and replace some of it with next fall's harvest.

Love it when the experts suggest that the cost of carry just eats up a farmer.

Comment

i dont think farmers will let them . slowly but surely farmers are realizing we can't sell grain below COP. i am also amazed at the unbelievable amount of producer cars ordered or have already been filled in our area of NE sask ! the cartel has definetely lost a LOT of buisiness here already

Comment

Grain in s.mb going to nd and mn elevators. Driving past several cdn graincos along the way. Might stop in along the way back for a 'free coffee'

Comment

80% of my cereal crop is probably being dumped into a flour mill in Minnesota as we speak. Locals are thieves.

Comment

We used to load about 15-25 producer cars per year to the U.S. It was fun to load beside the elevators I had learned not to bother with. The CTR closed the line from Meadow Lake to Denholm/ North Battleford.
            One important insight is, you order the producer car in your name from the CGC. It's not a perfect system but it worked satisfactory.
            Do not let other companies order rail cars for you. You will be waiting a long time. This was about 5 years ago.

Comment

Cuban, why don't you lock in a basis when the basis is good, or lock in a futures price and not the basis when basis is not so good. The terminals here are competitive, 2 weeks ago, one co. didn't really want BLY. at the time ( offered 3:10/bus.) other co. wanted BLY. and was offering 3.50/bus., looks like normal bus. practise to me.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...