• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat and the weather factors!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheat and the weather factors!

Dry conditions in parts of Russia and eastern Ukraine seem to be expanding as cold temperatures now raise concern about production prospects. Sov Econ says winter grains are in the worst condition on record and it is being compared to the winter of 2009/10 when winter wheat production was sharply curtailed.
    Wheat shipments from Australia will probably drop to the lowest in five years as dry weather curbs supplies in the world’s fourth-biggest exporter, according to a government forecaster, which cut its outlook 6.1%. Exports in the year started July 1 may total 16.99 million tonnes, from 18.1 million forecast in Sept. and last year’s total of 18.3 million, the ABARES said in a quarterly report today.
    Maybe that's why Australia fall price 2015 is a dollar better than dear old Canada. Where the lowest price is the law.
    USA has to be down to 7 lives with limited snow cover and cold last week. Warm up this week but dry. Time will tell the USA wheat crop amazes me.
    So will our price inch up or stay flat.

Good hrsw should be at least $7 farm gate anywhere in sask right now - sadly most areas are below $6. NWT in Unity was close last week

Comment

Yes I agree but I think they are taking in as much number one at a lower price then blending in feed and shipping for a two out of the coast its a win win for grain companies.

Comment

If I had money I would be buying up shit wheat and saving it for next year. 10-25% of your expected production maybe. Better quality feed wheat is cheaper to buy than grow right now. One dry or low production year and the industry will develop amnesia when it comes to fuzz. Just make sure the falling numbers are still good.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...