• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kinda strange ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda strange ..

Shortly after the broad scam falls out of the spot light, skyline is thrown up as the next poster boy circus attraction ?
    Different end game but same underline - big money hates to see land in private peasant hands.

Who what is the skyline circus attraction?

Comment

Furrow were on the same page. Seems companies don't want us piss poor farmers to own anything. Ah serfs system again. No ONE HAS BECOME WEALTHY FARMING RENTED LAND" NO ONE!!! At least not in Canada. Short season and weather dictates outcome here.

Comment

Funny thing we are in the process of purchasing outright land that we have farmed from a overseas owner for years. Its worth 1.5 Our price is based on a few years ago so lets say its a pay day. Funny if we were realestate developers or Donald trump types would be looked at as a financial windfall. Our banks response was that's nice.
        Building wealth one quarter at a time isn't the flavor. Renting a piss pot of land and farming big is. Sad really. Nothing to show after years of work. Broad acre is prime example. 200000 acres wouldn't work if your borrowed base is on 8000 over priced just purchased quarters which are leveraged to hill.

Comment

Ya you sound broke - almost homeless.

Comment

Who out there has great confidence in the solidity of equity investments? The tech bubble collapse was a glaring example of the false nature of some equities. As we farmers know and what we learned from our farming parents is that land is a tangible asset that although it has its ups and downs, you can walk on it, and you can feel it. Guys that bought stock have paper that can disappear overnight. Some people have realized its not a bad thing to own something tangible. What a lot of these guys don't realize is that the big jump in land has happened and shouldn't look for drastic land price increases and with todays land prices most cant expect to rent it out with a return to cover land payments. The corporate family farms can and do survive on a wage scale far below what the big investment must pay. I know as a farm manager that I am taking home far less than I should but as the major shareholder I'm increasing the equity in my farm. The big guys must pay to a level far above this. Some of the communication from some of these guys on there web sites is funny to read as well. Kinda reminds me of the old 5 year plan stuff we used to see out the old USSR on their collective farms. If you remember them there is a lot of parallels with how things got done there and some of the wrecks that occurred here these past couple of years.
            cheers

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...