• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sask govt has a major fault in my opinion

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sask govt has a major fault in my opinion

Self directed resp accounts get 20 percent of principal fundi g by the govt of canada. There is also a 10 percent funding from sask govt. Only if you invest in a bank account or mutual fund. Not avail if you have a self directed resp. Yep my vote is first decided on this issue.

I take it you want to buy stocks through your self directed RESP account?

Can you buy any stocks or does it have to be funds only?

Comment

Sask will top up 10 percent of resp acxounts that only invest in mutual funds or bank accounts. .self directed investment accounts are sol

Comment

Can buy any stocks. But I am not into mutuals any more cause still waiting on my 10 year old fu ds to surpass what I origionally put there. I can kill if cornered. Anyone managing my accounts Is open game.

Comment

Mutuals give 3 percent per year of principal to the fu d managers. Most times acter the origional showing they crash. And not only that they faulsly advertise higher rates of return on accounts that you have.

Comment

MUTUAL FUNDS ARE A ****ING JOKE!!!!!

Comment

So why the f#$@k dont the province give the same 10 percent to self directed accounts?????

Comment

As they do to mutual resps

Comment

Hopper email your local MLA, education minister, premier, etc.
                  IMO, They might not even be aware of those details.

Comment

I wll demand 5,000 in back pay. How to stay calm???? Those mutuals should be worth 20, 000 more today.

Comment

NO ONE is going to take care of your money like you. To put it into someone else's hand to manage is retarded (yet I do it). Too many TOP feeders in the pool of money. Someone once told me,"invest in what you know". I should have bought more farmland(hindsight not included). And to manage my own portfolio, I don't invest enough time in it to do it right. Sooo....

Comment

RESP accounts are Not trading accounts.

CRA has made this clear. If you are a trader... then knock yourself out... and pay your taxes like everyone else when you make the big bucks!.

Comment

Is this top up over and above the Canada Education Savings Grant?

Comment

Mutual funds are a legalized scam. No legal way to determine value,its a made up number by the fund manager. Too many people get to make money off them before the person buy the scam does. The bank has to make money off them,the bank employes,the fund manager,all the people associated with the fund,govt get there share,then at the end of the day if the fund manager did some really good trading you might get a penny. The tech bubble of 2000 should have killed anyones idea of ever buying one.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...