• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ADM and the Mulroney connection

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok most likely they will be 5 bucks a ton under everyone else. But maybe not. Maybe they will make competition. I would sell six dollars a ton under to gain five in shares. Call me retarded.

Comment

Read the fine print on The fna offer. Money stays in the cwb not to pay off debt. The sale bucket will not be that way. Again fna was going to put farmers out on the dry line. Cannot anyone see that?

Comment

CWB open letter says not being sold or given away.
        Says an objective is to give farmers an ownership stake.
        Not clear on how farmers might partner with other investors.
        Whatever happens, can hope for some clarity on how farmer ownership is transferred at the end of career.
        Think this was Achilles heel for prairie pools and other farmer owned grain companies.
        Brian Mulroney says time to end supply management quoted in today's Globe and Mail.
        Suggests govt buy out quota value, something to watch for with farmer owned CWB.

Comment

Then just issue an IPO for farmers ownership.

It's no secret farmers have funded industry initiatives indirectly for years.

Comment

Bucket, could you direct me to a document describing what you're saying about the "sale" and money changing/not changing hands...

Comment

Even Nixon would need a new line.

Comment

Ipo????????

Comment

Bucket an ipo would result in a few gaining x amount of ownership. The next step is jri ownership. That does no good what the f are you thinking?

Comment

all too complicated.

just expect the worst.
                    they would not sell the rail cars to farmers, what hope of any outcome that would add any real competition? O%

and Mulroney , any PM or ex PM
                    that gets his spending money in brown paper bags under the table .
                    (a typical product of corruption land.
                    Quebec )

then years later , when about to be found out. reports the income to Canada revenue agency.
                    to avoid prosecution .

now this slime ball that should be
                    in prison is handing out advice to Canadians .

it shows the character of the Conservative party that he would be allowed to attend a party function.

Comment

A wise man once told me that you are more likely to be judged by your actions and the company you keep than by your words.

Comment

Who was the Liberal finance minister that had his shipping fleet based in Bermuda? to avoid paying Canadian tax's ?? Would have not been Paul Martin would it?

Comment

hopper

Let me run this idea by you.

I was cleaning house the other day and came across a stack of permit books.

Maybe if everyone could proove the tonnage they sold thru the board exchanged for shares, or the option to purchase shares we could end up with ownership in a public farmer company that, prior to being listed could be traded amongst farmers.

Then going forward continue the 5 dollar per tonne share exchange.

Some of the past, some of the future all building to a common vision of sustained growth and prosperity.

Some guys might want them for an investment others might want to leave them as a connection to the farm etc, whatever.

Here is the thing. As the cwb continues the build of their concretes the other companies nearby are going to lose a few turns in their elevators.

A grass roots company whatever size will create better competition than an ADM like company entering the field.

If we could take Viterras position prior to being sold it would be a fairly successful company quickly.

For me they were a one stop shop. Fuel fertilizer equipment bins etc. Competitive, friendly.

Now that its been dismantled there is a great opportunity for that space.

Comment

Can someone please tell me what exactly ADM or any other potential "Suitor" for the CWB gets? I am also confused as to why anyone would care. What stake in the CWB do farmers own? Who cares what you think you have coming to you or what you think you own. Specifically what do farmers own?

Good things come to those who go out and earn them, including my business. Why would CWB, Viterra, JRI, Cargill, ADM be any different?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...