• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wcwga - need some info

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wcwga - need some info

How many actual farmers are in this group?

They have the ministers ears but who do they represent.

The local coop has over 1000 members shouldn't they have the same courtesy for advising the minister.

I'm sure Rolf Penner lurks on here regularly. He was the VP of Manitoba, don't know if he still is. Maybe he can post the numbers?

Or how about that poster Gustgd isn't he a current member.

Good luck with that Bucket they'll never put out those numbers anyway, it's probably a little embarassing.

How about Blair Rutter their office guy,he should have the numbers?

Comment

You guys need a "mole". LOL

Comment

I belong to neither the WCWGA or the NFU, but it would be interesting to compare membership numbers. Who represents more people?

Comment

I hope the wheat growers don't respond. This is a non issue. It doesn't matter a tick how big they are.

This topic has inspired me to join. I think I saw their convention is in Wpg this time. Gonna try to go. They do good work.

Comment

Can you give me a list of their good work and how it has helped our finances? A reliable source told me that their numbers are about 100 farmers but have their conventions subsidized by major ag companies. I have no solid evidence but in our area I know of only 2 farmers who are members.

Comment

I seem to remember they successfully sued the CWB over some final payment descrepacies. If you farmed back then, they helped your finances.

I remember it was the the WG'ers that brought the pricing option to the CWB. Some farmers did well with that.

There was a tough WG'er director from SK that locked himself in the wheat board office until they relented and put the first unit train into a Federal Grain elevator. Started the use of unit trains and saved you some green. They even wrote a country/western song about it. (Google Russ Gurr).

These are a few of the things their membership guy used to relate.

Probably best of all, they opposed the NFU at every turn. You can't begin to put price on that.

Comment

Re members in area, they don't have secret handshakes or decoder rings, but I know of at least 8 members around me in a 7 mile radius. Some are big farmers, some are small.

Comment

There are zero, that's no, nada, NFU members around here.

Comment

I just asked a question. I shouldn't of added the extra comments.

It's part of my due diligence whether it would be worth joining.

If the number of members or the fact that railways and equipment dealers are members is a secret maybe it's not worth pursuing any further.

Comment

What have they done regarding the movement of grain this last year. What about the insane basis levels last year. What about the totally inept Agristability...It sounds to me and countless others that they were/are a one trick pony.Just saying.

Comment

Bucket, to my knowledge, equipment cos and certainly not railways (they don't like the WG'ers) were never members.

At a convention I was at, a Cat dealer told me he loved to sponsor the conventions. It gave him a chance to be in a room with a range of farmers. Meeting them and understanding their needs and businesses was more easily accomplished than paying a marketing company for a survey.

By the way, even the CWB was a sponsor of that convention.

Bucket, if you really believe the WG'ers steer Ritz, you should join and help create the policy you want them to steer him to.

Comment

Again with the basis. Exactly how would ANY farm group influence basis? Basis is a price. How does a farm group influence price?

Comment

If they only have 100 members, why dont 101 nfu members join their group to control their agenda and ritzs ear? Lol.

Comment

Braveheart

Then I guess you and I understand the English language differently.

Go under membership on the wheat growers website as agribusiness that have joined as members??

hokey dokey then from the dumb****led farmer.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...