• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Durum prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Durum prices

What kind of prices are people hearing out there? Around here the bids have dropped about $1-$2 from the October highs. Im about 60% sold and am not so sure the prices are going to rebound. Any insight?

I think they have to evaluate their purchases. Then there is a few graincos that had problems when unloaded at end users.

Those costs have to be sent back to farmers.

Comment

- Durum for export must be in the elevator before December.
      - durum prices stabilize, slide or fall for the next few months. Don't expect to start delivering until March for export markets Europe, North africa. The usa is a steady buyer, through the winter.
      - once the St Lawrence opens or just prior to companies get more aggressive again, how aggressive depends on the demand and how much farmers contracted at discount prices in Dec, jan, feb.

- Did you know that millers debran durum, and it is a by product?
      - A very high % of the fusarium is on the bran, spaghetti has no bran in it, same for cous cous
      - after some time in the bin few months? Fusarium levels drop a bit, something about the fusarium is still their but not as easily detected?

Summay: it's a bad time of year to sell durum

Errol, John,?

Comment

We got done cleaning our Durum for grade improvement and lost about 17.75% and that was none too much when you look at the screenings!! I did quite well selling the screenings also, although they are only supposed to get shipped this week. I need to go to the States and try to find a buyer for the clean grain, the grading service has it graded higher under US specs than Canadian Specs and I am so ****ing tired of getting lowballed at home!!!!

When all is said and done I will reveal all the prices for the screenings and the clean product. Now I at least have something that is marketable.

Comment

Rumor heard is Mexico dumped their durum into US market. Not sure if that's true but did coincide with a buck drop in ND

Comment

macdon02, wouldn't that be a shame if even after the dollar drop in the US price, the additional truck freight there, we will come out ahead of what we can get at "home".

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...