• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deers new sprayer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deers new sprayer

I Like the idea if direct injection of chemical or micro nutients. I you think of some of the possibilities it could prove to be the next gen of sprayers .
    I think Hagie is doing the same .
    Deer has a good video in its sprayer section online.
    Was there not a D/I kit you could put on the pull type sprayers 20/25 years ago ?

I see the merit in some of it. But for spot spraying are you past the target before the product gets to the nozzles? What about handling left over product. What about cleaning product tanks. What about mixing sequences for dry flowable/suspension products with emulsifiable concentrates and adjuvants/surfactants? Looks like theres lots of room for human and mechanical error. I suppose it has a use for precision(hairsplitting) applications versus blanket applications.

Comment

We have a TASC 6000 with two peristaltic pumps and two 50 gal tanks can turn them on manually or by prescription... Pretty neat we run lontrel in one tank for thistle control in canola.

It's pretty slick only thing is calibrating time to application. I e the distance you travel from when the computer turns on the pump to when it hits the nozzles.

Comment

Should have read TASC 6600. It can do up to 6 products at the same time plus the main tank and any combination thereof.

We found on oats when using energize cereals it seems to gum up the nozzles when tank mixed with FrontlineXl... but when injected it works fine.

Comment

Dumb question?

What about express or duponts chemicals. ?

Comment

What controller are you using or can you use for the TASC 6600. Can a viper pro (Raven) be the controller? It would be awesome for chemicals but innoculants, micro nutrients, humates, etc

I'm not a electrical engineering guy, not even with simple instructions. I can't wait much longer for the bin monitoring system.

Comment

Blend it up with water first

Comment

The tasc6600 is a rate controller... I made it work with a trimble fm 750 for the prescription side of things. Not too familiar with the raven but a guy should make it work. All you need is serial data to tell it when to shut off the booms/pumps.

TASC IS A TEEJET product.

Comment

In order to make spot spraying work you need a second complete set of booms. Not sure what happened to them units from 30 years ago I remember some neighbours using them and had to not use the injection system from problems.

Comment

In order to make spot spraying work you need a second complete set of booms. Not sure what happened to them units from 30 years ago I remember some neighbours using them and had to not use the injection system from some sort of problems.

Comment

Ill wait for the 2016 model the 2015 is a first run and will have issues they always do.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...