• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skyline...Future of Sask Land Ownership???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skyline...Future of Sask Land Ownership???

http://www.producer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Skyline_legal_docs.pdf

Lots to think about....or not???

Just because I'm to lazy to read a 128 pg document.
    What are you trying to say?

Comment

Did not read 128 pages but did read an article on the subject. Wonder why foreign nationals, primarily Chinese, are challenging our laws? They know that most of the Canadian judicial system is in love with Chinese communism and therefore are likely to win even with wrong arguments. So now the hardworking SK peasant of the future can send rent checks to Beijing instead of Toronto. Time to send these folks packing. All it would take is the government to stop suppressing interest rates and it would get done.

Comment

For those that represent farmers and are too lazy to read it means we will be peasants.

Some will think farming 20000 rented acres is success but you are a peasant.

Comment

Is it a challenge to the rules of Sask land ownership by Foreigners? Looks like layers of money and paper shuffling to get around the rules.

Parsley and others are right. You will become a serf in the very Country your forefathers came to and broke their backs to establish a living in, just to escape serfdom where they came from. Don't let history repeat itself. If land ownership is so important for absentee landowners it should be twice so for those trying to make a living on it. WAKE UP!!!

Comment

You will never ever create any wealth renting land. And yes you will have to try to farm 30-50,000ac to make a living if that is the course you wish to steer your ship.

Comment

Owning land is a fad for a lot of Chinese.... it will come many will loose their shirts and they will go.

Some invest in land to park money out of the financial world. Some because they want to own dirt.

Some because it's a fad

the latter two will disappear. And the first will sell out when the financial picture gets better or after we have a huge worldwide meltdown.

so far we have benefited from investors... we sold the old farm in Manitoba for 4.7x assessment... would have never gotten that from anywhere else...

and here we rent land for a very reasonable rate on a very long term lease.

We need to farm 2k acres to make a decent living here... can't buy it all so rent and buy one when it comes to market... then drop a rented one.

Comment

Well gussy...You can damn well say please.

Sorry you're too lazy and more particularly that your smart phone is smarter than you; although the displays on both objects are quite inadequate for both tasks.

What this does highlight is how very poor skill sets tend to accompany leadership roles.

Too summarize; I didn't insinuate either way.

But it would behoove those who feign leadership to start to contemplate the implications of new developments .... before they become full blown realities.

You can learn more from the facts; and from what others speculate this could mean. You could even do some thinking on your own.

Go to the BNN satellite network or read about it through the Western Producer; Google searches etc. etc. Or just get a brain transplant and during the recovery process; just do society a favor and drop out of public sight to get in touch with the new reality and becoming better informed about what you have decided you already know.

Comment

Oneoff

Ouch. I even felt that. I think a kick in the balls would have hurt less than that dressing down.

Well said.

Comment

Guss,

See What The Trucking Lifestyle Does To One!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

**** oneoff, was that really called for?

I don't even know if I got my perception of the document right from the quick gleaning of the first few pages. The rest is kind of yadda yadda yadda. In those documents the purpose of them is usually stated in the opening pages.

I'm afraid to ask if I got my "take" right.

Comment

Someone asks for clarity and a summary.... Wow no meds

I wonder how many people actually follow the web links. I do sometimes and didn't in this case. It's not as simple as one might think with a iPad

Comment

Farmaholic

Yep it was.

Comment

Concerns with these continued challenges of sask land act can be directed to Mark Folk, sask farmland security board mfolk@farmland.gov.sk.ca......board of directors are being ordered by the courts to rethink their initial decision of the divestment of the extra five acres that skyline purchased to challenge the foreign entity provision in the act. Unless concerned citizens contact their mla's and write f.l.s.b. sask farmers in the future will be reduced to serfdom, which is exactly what the bonnefields , pikes, anjelic and pension funds want.

Comment

There is no such a thing as clarification...or a summary at this stage of the conflict. We don't even have access to the the evidence that the Courts have; and the judicial deciion has not been made.

Just like consulting a lawyer for legal advice....all you get is another opinion. No guarantee whatsoever of the ultimate outcome after all the arguents, appeals and deals and spin are completed.

And on this site; one can count on attempts at attacking the messenger. Well maybe its just as inappropriate/appropriate to attack the sources where responsibility and lobbying is deepest. At least it makes one feel slightly better to be on the offensive once in a while.

This ast sumer; the issue of certain "creative" farmland lending/ownership proposals has been rejected as being in contravention of the Farm Land Security Board regulations. And then a 15 acre "actual" purchase was ordered to be reduced down to 10 acres or less and so on. Now the Farm Land Security Board is effectively being taken to the next stage of defendng its decision at the Court of Queen's Bench. Its about derivatives and lending schemes and foreign ownership opportunities that would play out in any number of ways.

In summary; the complaint was before the appropriate Farm Land Security board; and the board's response wasn't what the promoter's wanted to hear.

It's not 15 acres that is at stake. It's who could potentially own large quantities o the relatively "cheapest" agricultural land in the world.
                              There's such a thing as a foreign country (ies) arranging their future requirement along the line of recent proposals to source potash reserves at the nation level. Might just work for arable land too; if the terms and conditions were appropriate.

Thats what the promoters are pushing. And after the "gus's" have not raised their voices (because they are too "lazy" to care; or their iPhone is too tiny); it will be a "fait accompli"

And so it has escalated to appealing to Queen's Bench.

The Western Producer has amassed 183 pages of court documents. I'd say about 175 of those are faxes of faxes of duplicate copies of the same few pages.

No sense reading those repeats; but once in a hundred times; the notes in the margins might turn out to be very relevant; and in any event they are a necessary part of the paper trail. More infration is always superior to missing information. Thank you Western Producer staff.

Readers really do need to get an adequate high speed internet system so that you can go to web sites and actually read the BroadAcre documents and the Scoular claim and now this threat to current rules for farm ownership in this province.

There will be those who mght benefit immensely; and I'm talking about the average retirement age farmers.

But it likely will be another sad story along the lines of the demise of WIT or the prairie pools; or even some aspects of the CWB. But at least we should all be somewhat informed and have our say before the deals are cast in stone.

But don't be feeling sorry for someone who wasn't sincere in looking for input; and the furthest thing from his mind was to help resolve this issue in the best interest of this provinces residents.

It was an opportunity to give something back for past treatment. It wasn't at all helpful to the serious resolution of this particular land ownership dilema.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...