• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House of Ccommons Dec 2, 2014 CWB

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House of Ccommons Dec 2, 2014 CWB

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/pat-martin-agriculture-minister-39-201951117.html

Pat Martin certainly nailed it about Ritz.

Why not an IPO for the CWB by holders of former permit books to begin with?

It would either show the support or lack of.

Comment

The only thing more loose than Pat Martin's tongue is the screw in his head.

Comment

Anyone who'd put any stock in Pat Martin is out of their freakin mind.

Comment

Yes but I am getting tired of the valentine of secrecy for the cwb.

It was bad before the way they did business and worse now when they are selling it.

There has to be some farmer equity in it. We were deducted costs every year and given scraps as a final. Gotta wonder where all the money went?

Comment

Vale of secrecy. Not valentine.

Comment

cwb is in the process of turning into a private co., what are they supposed to tell you? Do you sell grain through the board?

Comment

As I said above, offer to those stakeholders that want it. Firstly sell it to farmers.

Then if farmers want to "WIT" it they get their money out like WIT shareholders did.

Nope I don't use them but I might when they get their infrastructure put together.

I don't use them but for the same reasons I don't use paterson, conagra, adm etc because they are not visible locally.

Comment

Having ADM throughout the prairies will certainly shake our industry. Would be nice to see them build a few more crushers, especially for soybeans in mb.

Little graincos like paterson and PH could be next to disappear. It would be ironic as they were big cwb haters. I could never understand why, all they had to do is collect grain and get paid handle and storage.

Comment

Best deal in the whole area is CWB elevator in Kindersley--grades,dockage,price and movement.

Comment

Don't forget Louis Dreyfus is coming with some pretty formidable players now.

Comment

Bucket, thats "veil". I suppose the valley of secrecy would work too.

Comment

Bucket, thats "veil". I suppose the valley of secrecy would work too.

Comment

Agree with Bucket

The CWB assets such as cars, ships terminal,head office in Wpg, elevators are owned by farmers. There should be some effort to keep it as a competitive alternative to farmers. Certainly farmers should get the first crack at taking it over as a private company. There are many ways financing could be arranged. Shares offering, bonds, private investors, farmers buying as preferred shared holders.

The Federal Government should be open to ideas from the various farm organizations on how to keep this as a farmer owned PRIVATE company competing for farmer business in a open market atmosphere.

Comment

In 2011-12, the Board sold $7.2-billion worth of grain to more than 70 countries, $4.9 billion of which was paid back to farmers—the third-highest sales year for wheat in its history.

Quote taken from chuckChucks posted link about "Why so many farmers miss the CWB". Where did these numbers come from? Where did the 2.3 billion go?

Pro says it never happened.

Anti says, See I told you so.

Editorial drivel.....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...