• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

global ag risk solutions

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GARS is a program that encourages agronomy as a way to mitigate risk. Encourages fungicide spraying and proper plant nutrition. You will get your money back for inputs plus margin to help pay for fixed expenses.
    It will be little help if you overpay for land or shiny paint but that's not the point of insurance.

Also thing like hedging losses are covered if your in a claim position.

Let's say you sold $7 number 2 durum. Was right at time. Grew sample on acct of fus and spread is $5. GARS covers the spread as lost rev.

If opportunity exists to contract $10 number 1 durum GARS let's u. What grade do u contract otherwise if at all?

Not a bad deal for less than $10/acre

Comment

Oh ya all for ten bucks an acre. You cannot even purchase hail ins for that so wtf. Make sense man.

Comment

What are you getting for ten bucks?

Comment

What are you getting for ten bucks?

Comment

Hopper what are you saying? That's it's more.

I don't have the numbers in front of me but that's what it was. Maybe $11.00
            It's all dependant on your financials.

BTW we don't do hail insurance either. Long term on our farm it's been a cost. EVERYTIME Ive gone driving around with hail adjusters. I'm dissatisfied. The people that tell me they're hoping for "the big white combine" baffle me. We've never been ones to skimp on inputs. To over insure based on random weather is a poor business model.

But again like in every situation, every farm is different, has different risk tolerances, starting bank balances, asset mixes. What makes perfect sense to me, may not be applicable to you.

Yesterday at machinery dealership a guy was telling me he's worried about not being able to pay his chemical bill. I don't have that worry.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...