• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shouldnt all commodities follow oil down?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shouldnt all commodities follow oil down?

Oil is the big kahuna of commodities why wont everything follow suit.

Cotton Charlie Errol someone will help me with my dumb question.....ah grasshopper no such thing as dumb question you yearn for knowledge....

Just because industrial development slows down, doesn't mean people stop eating.

Comment

Spec and fund money looking for somewhere to go?

Comment

...and if that is the case, what will happen when the "tide goes back out"?

Comment

....they eat more......

Comment

Tweety, if you think the price of food has anything to do with the price of grain you have much learning to do. Farmers are also very good article producing a surplus regardless of demand. Had an economic prof tell us that 15 years ago and I didn't believe him but sadly its proven true.

Comment

Oil is also playing catch up asthe last major commodity to drop. I would expect a couple of years commodity doldrums before we see any significant appreciation.

Comment

No ado, not much, but supply and demand do.

Comment

On a broad stroke yes,say if oil was .50cents or conversley 50,000,then other things would be adjusted,this is maybe to obvious to state,but currency purchasing power is going to be very important in the future.

In todays world there are overlapping factors pulling everything in different directions and oil probably is the single most important commodity,so i would say it does have the power to pull things.

Its got alot not going for it right now,supply/demand,politics of saud/russia/na shale.

I bet at the latest g-20/asian meetings,one of the big topics would be,how the hell can we get gdp moving,we have tried everything,lets try cheap oil and maybe cheap food.

This has been tried countless times,never on this scale,it always ends horribly.

Comment

Should note there is no real market anymore.

Comment

Low oil prices are good for everyone but oil industry, just like low grain prices are good for all but farmers. Boo hoo, suffer for a while billionaires, hardly do they suffer, just reduce supply and up will come prices.

Comment

Mallee . . . yes, oil is the big kahuna, but some commodities have already deflated well ahead of the crude price set back of late.

Metals and grain are hardest hit. the cattle setback nears once US equities finally see a well deserved setback

Japan is essentially a financial bomb. China banking and mortgages are ripe for a meltdown. China is already in a recession as a drop in rates this week is a stark warning of severe financial problems ahead, yet equities rally on this?
                        Good grief . . . .

And it may take Europe a generation to rid itself of deflation. IMO, talk of the US Fed hiking rates in 2015 is highly unlikely. The U S cannot thump its chest for long in the current global market

Interest rate hike talk is a dead horse and oil prices are going to stay low and lower IMO for a very long time.

Comment

OPEC is disiding whether or not to cut. They are not the same organization anymore very fragmentent. If they cant agree to cut production oil may really tank. Just have to watch if spills into ag

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...