• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada to sell wheat to Iraq???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good reporting, tom4CWB. Here's the MInister vs the bureaucrat in the capsule:

Canadian Agriculture Minister Lyle Vanclief:

"We supplied some wheat to Iraq last year,' Vanclief told Reuters. 'It is my understanding that there may be some of that type of commerce taking place this year.'"

Bernard Badani:

"Agriculture Canada official Bernard Badani said in an interview the minister wasn't really talking about an impending sale."
    "Instead, he was indicating that such a sale would be legal...."

So, who is really making the sales here? It sure isn't in the hands of the farmer

Parsley

Comment

Rookie;

I believe non violence is the only policy that will ever create a peaceful world.

The more the wars, the more wars are seen by the rest of civilisation to be a practical solution to violence.

There can be no question that violence breeds violence, therefore "changing" someone's mind on a certain issue doesn't come from... clubing them over the head with a sledge hammer...

Freewill and love, patience, hope, and faith, create a society that is constructive and caring.

But these atributes are not macho or as seductive as raw power that can blow a mountain off the face this planet.

We obviously are no further ahead than we were at the end of the 2nd WW, now the US has a first strike policy...

Peace has to be earned; it must come because of trust and caring for each other, ...NOT... by threatning to blow each other into oblivion ...

Comment

Yes I agree, Who in their right mind would want violence ? Equally so, If the westearn world was not armed to the teeth, we would have big problems. There has been no world peace ever, and sadly I feel there will always be some scrap going on somewhere. Todays reality is that technology is available to almost everyone ( and sadly some bad people ) and a new generation threats are present. It will certainly be a huge effort required of my generation to try to make this world a better place than WE found it. And , I know those before us have honestly tried their best... right?

Comment

rookie;

I suppose that we can only do what each one of us are responsible for...

Loving our neighbours no matter where they live, our community, our families...

If each of us do our best, and we all encourage everyone we know to do their best to respect and love each other, and the RIGHT each person has to make their own minds up and make their own decisions, on what they will do with their own resourses...

Then greed will be on its way out, and respect and dignity will become stronger for each person on this planet... hopefully this is where we are headed???

Then we will

Comment

Tom4cwb

Once more I will agree with you. We all should be setting the examples of decency and morality. It is those steps that will take us to that perfect world, and how hard can it really be ?

Well I am off to do my part, hope you have a good day.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...