• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

oilfield rates of pay

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oilfield rates of pay

what are oilfield rates of pay for different driver types, vac truck, water haul etc.
    and at what places do you get living allowance etc.
    Best co to work for?

Way to broad to answer on which companies. All would pay living allowance if working away from home and working infield. Average pay for a good water or vac truck driver about $375-$400/day. Vac truck $450-$500/day. These are only rates I know of on the drilling side. Have no idea what hourly rates are if working from the shop and going back and forth into the field.

Comment

Less every day the price of oil goes down.

Comment

If you want to haul oil or water try R. French Trucking in the Arcola/Lampman/Estevan area.
        I think they still pay a percentage of truck's revenue. They are or were hiring.

Most winch and bed truck operators are full on staff right now from what I hear, but that can change.

There are 100 wells scheduled for early 2015 south of Weyburn.

Accommodations are the biggest challenge. I have no help to offer.

Comment

$40/hr for good winch truck driver in Grande Prairie. Frac water haulers $35. Hot oil truck 35.

Check out kijiji or indeed jobs for job listings local to the area you want.

Never could take home 4000 every 2 weeks farming.

Comment

Hauling Crude around Lloyd pays about 4 grand every two weeks.

What kind of driving do you want to do?

Rig movers make the most cash, but you need to be able to back up a 53' trailer to within 3 inches and run hard and long.

Hauling crude is easy laid back work.

Hauling gravel is like crude but little more work involved.

You wanna work close to home? Up north in a camp?

You need IRP16, WHIMIS, TDG, H2S Alive, and First aid.

Working as a vac hauler on a rig can be hard work if your derrickhand is an asshole. Or it can be easy if you work for a guy like me who won't even let you in the mud tanks.

Water hauler is a easy job. Keep the rig and boiler full, keep your truck full, don't freeze up and don't spill you can spend days at a time in your shack watching TV.... only work for 20 mins a day.

Vac and Water haulers live on site in a little 20' trailer they pull behind their trucks on rig move...

Trying to get on as an MWD... 450 a day to start. 650 after "proving" myself.

Comment

Why do you guys aggrevate yourselves farming. ?

Comment

Jd, you guys have PD-supplied loader operator out there, or an outside contractor running a hoe and loader?

I was on a double last year for a bit... a local farmer was hired to run a 644K and a 240 Deere hoe on the lease...

Comment

Bucket, guys like JD and I work to build farms.

Massive equity investment... providing for our families.

It isn't an easy life in the patch. Lonely.

I keep trying to quit but the cash is addictive... Once you have some experience and doors start to open out there you really make money... Guys like JDgreen can put 100K cash on the table and not even flinch.

Comment

http://www.cbc.ca/thisisthat/mobilepopupaudio.html?clipIds=2405731910,%20240573 0238,%202405731161,%202405731587

this is That. oils and Blues.

Comment

Sorry, listened to it for 2 mins realized it was cbc parody. Let those eastern shits believe what they want.

Comment

Kluse corection you farm to hide cash!!!

Comment

I do miss the farming some but not responsibility that was involved, financial and work commitment wise.

I sat down at a wedding this summer and had a good chat with one of my wifes uncles. He ran a successful logging operation then later farmed. What he said made allot of sense to me ...its good be be able to look back at things and have good times to remember.

I have allot more time now to be a good dad. Having kept my dirt if my kids want to go farming one day there is enough there. I would need to switch wives if i ever decided to go back farming thou. Cant see that happening thou. Klause is a smart guy I think he has a real farm wife. Mine likes her new big house in the city and her new found social life.

Comment

How many wives you got?

Comment

Usually not more than 3 and i never need more than 2 at one time lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...