• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Take pics of your equipment before others work on it

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take pics of your equipment before others work on it

I loaded a couple btrains on Friday. My very good truck friend brought he truck into a saskatoon company that rhymes with Teeterpilt.
    He pays the new engine invoice of $15,000 and asks for his truck. Place goes quiet and they say it's in body shop. They were putting a used headlight on his truck. One of the salesmen backed into his rig with one of their own 3 tons. They had pulled the bumper straight and put a used headlight on it. They were going to send him out like that because they didn't think the bumper needed to be replaced, and they don't really pay for these types of repairs. Or downtime. It got into quite a hollering match because dealership didn't really think trucker understood that they don't pay for these kinds of incidents. ........
    It happened the trucker had just recently taken a photo of his rig to prove what the shop didn't think they really had to,pay for.
    Pretty weird situation. Companies like to give the invoices, not receive them.

Teeterbilt should be fully insured for such an incident when there own employee was at fault. Can't imagine that they wouldn't be.

Comment

Does it say "leave at your own risk anywhere?" No kidding, no insurance for accidents wtf?
      Local JD tech moving a combine in their shop kinked the unload auger for a customer... new auger happened.

Comment

Trucker came to his senses and said he would just call SGI. Dealership didnt really want to do that either! They were stonewalling him. He was so enraged he finally went to see the manager. So far what I can gather they will fix the truck "in house". It was quite a frustrating experience when it should have been simple. trucker says all they had to do was own up to it and make things right. Instead it turned into a gong show.
        So just beware...... It's the new way of business.

Comment

Two things, safety record, and insurance premiums. Just keep it on the down low.

Comment

About 20 years ago, I left my Audi at a major automatic transmission shop in downtown Regina. They assured me that the car would be moved into the building just as soon as "that" car was off the hoist. First thing in the morning they phone to tell me that the windows were smashed and the radio was gone, etc. They just told me to go to my insurance company. At that time, that is what I did. Today, I would rectify in small claims court.

Comment

Two things.

When you leave a unit for repairs it is at your own risk. I took a tractor in twenty years
              ago to get a valve set and it had a mysterious cab fire. Had to get it painted at my cost.

Second , if they tell you they backed into it and are going to cheap fix it, I would tell them fine, I am going to report it to police as a hit and run.

That is an easier one than the Audi.

Comment

In my world, I am responsible for anything when I am handed the keys. I believe that a garage has a fiduciary duty to protect items left in their care. I think a judge would probably agree with me, though its easier for some companies to shirk their responsibility. Just NOT GOOD ADVERTIISING, would you say?

Comment

Agreed, that's is why I mentioned it. It's a sign of the times. My trucker friend I know well, and he was really quite upset about how they handled the situation. He also has an interesting vocabulary, his conclusion was, those people that tried to pull one on him after paying for an engine job are just plain "rotten".

Comment

Seems like Cervus, is not serving you!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...