• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on Land in Alberta

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Land in Alberta

What's the land like and what's the average going rate for land in Thorhild County Alberta.
    Just looking thinking of investing.
    Minerals etc.
    Any help would be great.
    Heading their later in week will see my self but a heads up.
    Weather is it a rainfall area or dry.

ok its probably wet. Frost period etc.

Comment

Rocky grey wooded low quality land is by far the majority of the land base. Many potholes... good land to grow trees on for the pulp and paper industry at Athabasca AB.

Frost is a likely issue in late August some years ahead of other AB west and south areas... and the bogs and trees mean the heat units are down... on and off rainfall over the years.

Comment

Why? Is there cheap minerals rights to be had?

Comment

SF3.

Just take a truck full of cash on your journey, and buy Tom out. Your wet problems will be over!

Comment

That was an uncalled for poke in the eye when Tom offered nothing but help on the question.

Comment

i bet tom will sell for a truckload of cash

Comment

Better be a super b.

Comment

Super b of cash plus the hawaian time share for a month. Do t want sell out cheap.

Comment

I've got a deal for you SF3! As of tomorrow our place is on the market. If you buy it you can sell the darned water to the fracking crews till your hearts content - imagine the enjoyment that would bring you.

Bad news for you Braveheart - I'm heading your direction as we are moving to Belmont, MB next summer!

Comment

Now why would that be bad news? We may have more in common than you think. We are grassfarmer/graziers here, not just grain.

Belmont is 20 minutes away. Might have to meet at Pleasant Valley for some golf.

Which direction will you be from Belmont?

Comment

Grassfarmer, if you bought the Williamson farm, you got a nice place.

Comment

No, try Robinson?

Comment

Oh, and golf is one Scottish disease I don't carry, LOL

Comment

No problem re golf. There's usually too many Mosquitos anyway.

Good luck with the move.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...