• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All seed reps and any retailer selling it knew the possible risk of green seed with that variety if they say not they are full of shit and do not deserve your business - for sure if their customer was still seeding into early June

Comment

I doubt Dekalb will give you anything, but recall the reps on their summer tour thingy telling us that certain varieties had "weaknesses to do with green seed in some conditions".... So it sounds like they full well know it and still sell you the product.

Did you grow any last yr? Did it have greens?

Comment

I grew dekalb 7265 my neighbor grew 7454 I paid I paid 405 a bag he paid over 540. He seeded his about 5 or 6 day earlier than me started about my 11. We both yielded about 42 bushels per acre. His first loads sold graded #2 because of green seeds mine graded number 1. Who do you think got the better deal. So much for latest and greatest.

Comment

I have heard about issues in several regions of Sask with green in 74-54.

We will see what kind of company Dekalb is by how they rectify this problem.
          Will Dekalb/Monsanto admit there is a problem and write cheques or will they tell farmers where to go and try to sell them more seed?

Comment

Oliver88,
            I am betting on the latter. Blame fertility or weather or emergence or celesstial alignments . No cheques.

Comment

7454 is brutal. I had sample bags of this SHIT in 2013 but WD9 said I was a Bayer rep selling against it. I would not touch Dekalb varieties until they start to prove themselves. Same crap as Advanta Seeds.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...