• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We require 4200 tonnes of non-GMO canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We require 4200 tonnes of non-GMO canola

Hi.
    We just landed a contract to supply non-GMO canola oil, and we will require approximately 4200 tonnes of non-GMO canola over the next year.

We have fair pricing, delivery contracts, futures options, and immediate payment available.

If interested, please contact me:

Roger Foster
    Pleasant Valley Oil Mills
    rfoster@purecoldpressedoils.com
    Phone: 1-800-967-5157
    Phone: (403) 970-8623
    Fax: 1-888-893-8594

Thank you for your consideration.

So I am envisioning your phone is on fire. Have you had to hire extra staff to handle all the excitement your post has created??

Comment

I think some of us would call, if you had a few more specifics. What is the premium? Do you offer trucking incentives for we who are far away? Any preferred varieties?

I know I would be interested enough to get in touch, but I fear a potential waste of time, if the premium is only a couple bucks a bushel or less, if there is no trucking assistance, and if we have to grow an impossible to attain variety...

More info please.

Comment

Freewheat your pissing me off. It takes less time to call them than ask question by text on agriville. You say your worried about time like ****. Hopefully they are busy and giving good price. I did not call cause not typically interested in growing non gmo at the moment. I had an acreage house for rent and some people ask by text oh how far are you from humboldt. **** man can get much more accomplished by talking. **** the emails.

Comment

I'd like to see the answer posted here.

Comment

Hopper, look at your clock! I can not call them right now, they are not there.

My main point, is if you are offering such a good deal, put some info that will get us to contact him, no?

"We are offering a 3 dollar a bushel premium would be a fine start."

Comment

I often wonder why I return to this sight when I read posts that are disrespectful and ridiculing. I deal with immaturity, and weak minded individuals on an almost daily basis. It's unfortunate that I fail to get away from it when I come here.

Comment

How many guys are growing Non- GMO Canola?
                Maybe its worth looking into if there is robust market. Guess we'll find out on AV.

Comment

Sorry freewheat. They are a small company crushing food grade sinse august. Been crushing for livesock for two years. They have a cold press crusher small machine. They are paying 40 dollar premium overlocal regular canola. Which come out to 10.50 per bushel. I just said I did not have non gmo canola this year but next year I might so am putting their phone number on my wall. I would think a higher price could be negotiated. Anyways they are willing to work different ways on pricing but are new at it at the same time.

Comment

Good morning gentlemen,

I'll be able to post more specifics here later today - I'm trying to get out the door to the Red Deer Ag show.

Thanks,

Roger

Comment

Roger, thank you. I hope you did not take my post too negatively, it was not my intent to be cruel at all. Just thought it may provoke more interest if you had more specifics.

Comment

Hi again,

Here is what our offer is for non-GMO canola oil:

We are basing our cash price on the price of canola at the Louis Dreyfus terminal in Wilke, SK:
                        http://louisdreyfus.ca/wilkie/Pages/default.aspx

Then, we are willing to pay $1.00 per bushel premium for non-GMO, and we'll pay for the freight costs.

However, all samples of non-GMO canola have to be pre-screened. We use a field testing kit that gives somewhat accurate results, and can give us a "go" or "no-go" decision.
                        If your sample passes the field test, then we'll have the loads brought to the plant, and we probe and test the load before unloading into the quarantine bin. If it passes the field test again, we unload. If not, we can buy it as regular canola, or you can take the load back... but you will pay for the freight. If the proper precautions were taken with cleaning out handling equipment, it should all pass.

We can do immediate payment for the load without the premium. However, the final word on acceptance of the load for being non-GMO comes after we have the samples analyzed. Once the lab approves the samples then we pay out the premium right away, and move the grain from the quarantine bin.

We also have options on pricing - You can deliver it to us and we could pay you a price you set as a floor price, and as long as the price stays about that threshold you can just let the price ride until you call us to take the current pricing...

We're willing to work with you guys, and I believe that this is a very fair offer.

Please give me a call at 403-970-8623. If you get my voicemail, please leave a message and I'll return your call ASAP.

Thanks gentlemen!

Roger Foster
                        Pleasant Valley Oil Mills

Comment

Hi Freewheat,

No problem - I meant to get more details up, so it was definitely a valid point...

Cheers!

Comment

Hi Hopperbin,

Thanks for the update, and for reflecting the information accurately - you must have taken good notes when we were talking!

Comment

Thank you Roger for the information. Good luck with securing acres for your market!

I will give it a close look.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...