• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Assets of CWB?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Assets of CWB?

I take it that the ships, railcars, buildings and other assets value will be returned to farmers who paid for them? What is the asset value?

Should we expect and accept anything less?

Comment

No but, how is God's name does it get distributed? Based on tonnes delivered and over what period of time? An accounting nightmare? What about all those times(tongue in cheek) the Government bailed out the pools because initial payments were set to high(oxymoron)?

Sounds like SWP equity losses and devaluation all over again. Merchant Law class action?

Comment

Another example of not thinking things through.
        Even then impossible to foresee all consequence.
        My vote was to give it a quick death and bury it but too many thought we should keep it.
        Still have original thought.

Comment

Why not allocate shares based on grain delivered over the last 10 years? That to me would make the most sense

Comment

I stand to be corrected; but just believe there were very few bailouts from the federal treasury.

On the other hand one could argue the CWB was used often used in attempting substantial trade stimulants and used as political instruments by that same government. Those interferences might have been very costly to producers.

Comment

Re: My last post--full sarcasm intended!!

Couldn't agree more oneoff...

Comment

Per permit book equal shares, so I get more! Good luck seeing any $$, been pissed away for decades.

Comment

It seems that the conservatives got rid of the cwb because they figured farmers were getting ripped off. And we were. But now to say we have been paid in full seems a little hypocritical. ?

Comment

The taxpayer of Canada has paid the price to get out of the single desk. The recent court ruling should clearly define that no grain grower past or present has any interest in the CWB. It is clearly owned by the Gov of Canada.

Comment

The CWB was killed because Harper hated it. No other reason.

Comment

Tom, did your principles even allow you to sell much throught the CWB? Or were you able to sell most of your cereals through the seed plant? If thats the case I'm not surprised you dont think you have a stake in it.

First guys like you claim the CWB robbed farmers then claim the assets belong to the taxpayer. If we never got fairly paid for our grain shouldn't the proceeds from the sale come back to Producers? An odd opinion coming from a farmer and someone who'd die on the cross defending property.....

Comment

It appears Harper hates farmers too:
                          He killed the CWB which most of us wanted to keep( and the economists and auditors determined to be profitable)
                          He tries to stop us from getting any value out of what we used to operate.
                          He wants to change the structure of investment in plant breeding so that farmers get less than 1/3 of the benefit we now get.
                          He traded away market share for cheese to get exports for beef we cannot use.
                          He is increasing the length of patents on ag chemicals.
                          He is lifting the performance order on the railways for winter when they would rather haul oil than grain.

I could go on and on. And sometimes do.

Comment

Tom, did your principles even allow you to sell much throught the CWB? Or were you able to sell most of your cereals through the seed plant? If thats the case I'm not surprised you dont think you have a stake in it.

First guys like you claim the CWB robbed farmers then claim the assets belong to the taxpayer. If we never got fairly paid for our grain shouldn't the proceeds from the sale come back to Producers? An odd opinion coming from a farmer and someone who'd die on the cross defending property.....

Comment

CptOb,

"The CWB was killed because Harper hated it. No other reason."

You are wrong.

The CWB and folks in management on the left... Killed the CWB. Instead of working with commercial growers... to help these families to be profitable...these short sighted greedy people took away the initiative to develop better returns and arbitrage prices... through the CWB buy-back.

The buy-back was never intended for use against grain western CDN growers... It was intended only to stop grainco's from profiting from the CWB ... as grainco's could buy at the CWB price... and selling at a profit at the expense of western CDN growers...under CWB legislation.

If PM Harper 'hated' the CWB... it would not exist today. Instead I fear the same managers who messed up the single desk... are recking the CWB as an arbitrage tool for the very western CDN growers it was supposed to benefit.
                              PM Harper and Minister Ritz have been more than patient with these misguided CWB folks in Winnipeg... to say the least.

I did the buyback and exported wheat through the CWB to the US... and got PAID by the pool accounts to do so... to prove the application of the statute was incorrect.

I was told to sell seed into the US as planting seed... the CWB itself told me to LIE and sell it commercially as milling wheat.

I was the first grower to use the Fixed Price Contract the CWB presented as a solution to resolve the pooling distortion. Instead the CWB took a huge basis... to put in the contingency fund... which just amounted to another pooling account and excuse to continue bad marketing practice.

God Bless you guys... I guess it is 'fun' bringing back all the injustice and corruption to my memory... jab me ... I hurt for all my many neighbours who were so hurt by these misguided people like Ralph Goodale... the SWP,AWP, MPE... and those who took billions out of grain growers pockets through the CWB.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...