• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shop Supplies

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shop Supplies

Am I the only one that cares about the shop supplies on your bill from these implement and garage places. Had some work done on combine, the shop supplies is about 8 percent of labour bill. Wonder if they have a cap on it? I paid 200 dollars.
    Maybe I am the only one who wonders just how they justify 200 bucks worth of rags and hand cleaner, or am i just ****ing cheap?

It's bullshit they should include it in the door rate. Actually they probably do and then charge it again.

Comment

A guy should ask for an itemized bill for the shop supplies.

Comment

Its a percentage of the hourly rate. Based on the shop supplies used the year before.

Comment

It looks horrible on an invoice. But whether they bill it separate or "hide" it in the shop rate you're going to pay it.

Another absurd charge on grain cheques was shrinkage or now "handling charges" (especially pulses at 1%). How is it the fact they can't prevent spillage or loses(or what ever reason they use to justify it) in their plant my problem? As toll processors or even dealer/processors why not charge it up the chain instead of charging the Producer(maybe both ends do get charged)? Who pays for my spillage, shrinkage and combine/
          harvesting loses on my farm? Why do we let this happen?

Dave?

Comment

One percent is 1000 on 100, 000

Comment

In the lentil, pea, Canary processing business there is no room in processing rates to absorb the weight loss that occurs through handling, dirt, dust into the cyclone and moisture loss. You may not like the big guys but what about your neighbour who custom cleans, bags and gets your product export-ready. The losses are an absolute reality. Think he should absorb the loss? I don't.

Comment

.....just like lumps or alot of fines in fertilizer? And what's my recourse? Turn back the load? Seems everything is "just part of doing business" for the Producer!!!!

Comment

Yup. Send it back.

there's no need to take inferior product at premium prices.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...