• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water by rail

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only source of fresh water would be to pipe it from the Great Lakes , the Columbia river , or ole Mississippi . There realy are no other sources of major water left in that area

Comment

Like mustard said, who is in charge of community planning? Here in the Wild West, even rural subdivisions have to clear the hurdles to get the rubber stamp/approval.

Comment

California is like hawaii. People moving in from all over the world for the great climate Except they do not have a wet season. Without water they grow nothing. I am sure agriculture water use is shut down is it not? Its all a desert And city where once crops grew under Iirrigation. Nice place to live.

Comment

1. I didn't know that pecan orchards use a huge amount of water. 2. That India is desalinating ocean water using energy from waves. 3. 60% of the fresh water is used for agriculture-80% of that for meat prod'n. Irrigation is resorting to digging 1000 foot deep wells to replace shallow ones at costs of approx. $300,000.

It makes sense to me that meat prod'n should be confined to areas with high rainfall. SF3 , you lucly guy, here's your niche.

Also US might like to stop wasting money on wars and instead get desalinization projects
          going instead?

Comment

What about the bc coast,ship is cheaper,imagine the look on the enviro's faces when an oil tanker pulls up and starts sucking up some fresh water,lol.

Comment

That was my thinking also. A tanker could efficiently suck suck up some water at a river mouth purify and have it ready to drink. Unload. Go for another.

Comment

At Vancouver, about 10 years ago, we watched a boat towing a glacier south to California. Spring water for bottling.

Comment

Actually maybe they could lay a pipeline on the ocean floor no land grab hassle no enviromental problems run it north

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...