• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CP Rail

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CP Rail

They want fewer competitors. More mergers. It is time to take away their control of the roadbed.

Way past too late for that.

Most MPs are well paid from the railways already.

They couldn't issue a fine because the legislation was botched so bad on purpose.

I always thank people in Ottawa for insulting my intelligence.

Comment

Ritz replied... deflect, defend farmers, ya, ya

"Thank you for your correspondence regarding the penalty structure associated with the minimum grain volume requirements for the railways.
      Transport Canada is responsible for ensuring compliance with the Canada Transportation Act. The Minister has appointed an enforcement officer to investigate the recent railway non‑compliance with the minimum grain volume requirements and will rely on information and data from stakeholders, including the railways and grain companies.
      Our government will continue to defend farmers and all shippers to ensure that our economy is well served by Canada’s rail logistics system. Having an effective and efficient grain supply chain is important to the Canadian agriculture sector.
      I have taken the liberty of copying this correspondence to the Honourable Lisa Raitt, Minister of Transport, as minimum grain volume requirements also fall within her responsibilities."

Again, thank you for writing.

Sincerely,

Gerry Ritz, PC, MP

Comment

I would fire the transport minister. She Is the enforcement officer.

****ing Idiotic.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...