• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

triffid testing

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

triffid testing

Signed a contract for some flax in early Oct., took them a sample this morning and get told it has to be triffid tested.Bought my reconstituted seed from a registered seed grower in the spring." When is the real culpert of this nonsence going to be outed".

Never. It's a money printing machine for quantum.

Comment

Blackpowder,

If the CWB had used 1 iota of common sense... they would have worked with growers instead of blocking value added and giving marketing benefits to the grain co's. It was truly insane the 'single desk' rhetoric growers had to put up with... the monopoly benefited the grainco's and railways more than anyone else in western Canada! The CWB didn't stop one rail line closure... or elevator consolidation.

The old CWB 'buyback' was wholly abusive and anticompetitive. It lowered the price of our grain in western Canada! The CWB had no more market power before... than it has now...grain logistics always has been... and always will be the main equalizer in transparent pricing and arbitrage.
      We can't ask for more than the market value of our produce... or subsitution occurs... either by another supplier or another product!

The old CWB spent all its time trying to brain wash growers into supporting a system that was alone meant to allow merchants in western Canada the right to undercut any other grain grower on the planet. Since they had the right to do this... the millers and end users expected the lowest price in a competitive market from my farm. I was told so straight to my face by a British Miller.

And I am supposed to somehow ignore all the facts I had to live with under the old CWB system... and want to go back to the lies, cheating, and theft we here forced to endure?

All For the sake of Left Wing rhetoric and theory which has always failed and cannot endure long term economic reality!

The US growers have one of the most complex efficient co-operative marketing systems for farmers in the world! CHS. Why wouldn't either Federated Co-operatives or CHS be the best managers of a grower based grain marketer... with a track record worth looking back at in economic management and value for member performance!

Cheers!

Comment

Triffid is kind of like Ebola of Flax. It was widespread and contaminated the whole system.

Therefore testing will be required for the foreseeable future. The Breeders should be paying for this testing... as they contaminated the system. So this is nothing less than a tax on flax production.

Comment

We grow some flax every year and it has been tested every year.NOT once has it come back with a POSITIVE result...

Comment

Get a load of this, I prepriced some flax last year for now delivery, they are having trouble finding food grade(low dark seeds and inseparables). They will take my production to fill this market WITHOUT any triffid test? I don't get anymore money but they will pay the freight to a much further destination. I am happy to help them out. Must not be going to the "sensitive" European market!!! The flax I sent to these guys last year didn't need the test either. Maybe going to China first, the in the back door to Europe. ;-0

Comment

Consider growing yellow flax.

Comment

Still needs a trip field test if going to viterra, pars

Comment

Right. I forgot conventional doesn't have an audit trail.

Comment

Oh ho! parsley, you she devil of a funny jabber.

Comment

Good Morning to you, checking. Glad you ventured out of your ultra-fortified walk-in-safe where you have been counting your cash on hand for the last quarterly. pars

Comment

Actually, today is the day that the invoices went out.

You do realize there are only so many feathers one can stuff in a pillow case!

Comment

Get a bigger pillow case...

or start another one.

Comment

Ah, Checking, you're get getting so full of coin, you're mellowing. ;D

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...