• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its never good to say a group like the NFU has to go. They have every right to speak their part left right or center,

Currently the government and its advisors are too right leaning and no one is thinking. Everyone is cheerleading.

No good decisions come from not have all sides represented.

RAH rah rah is for idiots and simple minds.

Comment

Brave I'm curious soil Zone and length of time direct seeding?

Comment

We are in the black soil zone. I haven't cultivated since 1988. Our soil is Waskada rolling clay loam.

We did vertical tillage on a piece of sprayed out hay/pasture, mainly to level the molehill/gopher hills. We rented a Mandako Twister with a wavy blade and rolling harrow. It worked great.

Every year it's been super wet here, and that's 3 of the last 6, we've seeded as much or more than anyone here. The water table gets high and moisture has come up. People would seed through the low spots and get stuck on the sides and tops of hills. They burned, harrowed and cultivated. It still wouldn't dry because water was coming up from below. On our farm, when it does rain we don't pond. It percolates away.

We only own some old cultivators from the '80s for breaking virgin ground or levelling hayfields if needed. We have a smallish farm and don't have the acres to spread out the cost of newer tillage equipment even if we wanted it.

Comment

Agree it's expensive equipment! But once it's paid for a few bearings and your rolling! Only thing I can see is once every four years some sort has benefited us, so till the weather patern goes back to normal were trying anything!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...