• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will seed availability be?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will seed availability be?

I have a few thousand bus of #1 red spring left from last year. Haven't done a germ test, but likely be good. No fus or smudge Good pro.
    I was just wondering if there might be a market for bin run seed. I think it is 3rd yr off cert. Should I go ahead and get a germ/disease test?

If it's PBR don't bother unless you are going to seed it yourself.

Comment

Dekalb is already running radio adds to book your seed now, has there is "limited" supply. Makes the decision not to buy from them much easier for me.

Another industry partner treating farmers as ingnorant retail consumers.

Comment

"Limited supply" is a typical marketing ploy that is not exclusive to ag.

Wmoebis, I agree, if it is a PBR variety clean enough for your seed. Sell the rest. You're in the drivers seat with marketing this wheat with its grade. You obviously did things right and then the stars aligned.

Comment

..........expensive!

Comment

Absolutely true Braveheart.

When i was a child , K-Tel used to sell records on TV.
            "Limited time offer" and/or "until supplies last".

I remember thinking I really wanted that "Gold Train" or whatever the record was named. Then I realized I was soooooooo screwed because we only went to the city twice a year, and for sure that record would be sold out.
            So, the same gimmick works on children as well.

Being organic takes all that anxiety away. When I hear those commercials, I practice my Freudian slip. A polite "No, **** you". Ummmm.......No thank you.

Comment

Why are u seeding #1 wheat. If 2or3 has good germ and vigor that's what I seed

Comment

Best seed was 2004 frost year. So why waste number 1!

Comment

Cause its low fusarium. Sell it for planting. Seed growers likely going to try selling high fuzz this year. No need to screw others just maybe make an extra dollar and you and your neighbour will be happy.

Comment

Judging by what's turning green in the fields the germ looks good on most grains. Even after spraying preharvest.

Comment

Purebred seed has fuzz limits kinda hard to sneak it in when you can see it visually...

Comment

The later frozen wheat will make seed.

I bought barrie years ago and it looked like shit but grew very well.

Comment

Wmoebis, what happens between you and your circle of friends is your business. The PBR Police will be out in full force when UPOV91 bestows greater powers to them. Sell to only people you know and trust.

Comment

I was only looking at options and thinking of helping other guys out. I would think seed growers had quality issues this year too and some guys own seed may not be the best.

I can always sell it as expensive feed wht and what buyer does with it is his doings.

Comment

Thinking of selling some guns for scrap high priced scrap metal, what the buyer does with it is his business. . .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...