• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter McKay - hello

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter McKay - hello

CAMH - Centre for Addiction and Mental, the largest treatment facility in the country Is calling for new pot laws. McKay is firm on keeping Marijuana in hands of drug dealers and gangs. How many on here believe that gov't should heed the advice of experts?

I think it is so hypocritical to on one hand call this dried up weed medicinal and on the other make criminals out of young adults who are caught with a joint. To damage their entire life because why? Do you hear people who smoke MJ beating their wives and children, ending up in ER due to fights? No, I don't have any experience with it, but won't deny 40%of the pop. the pleasure of relaxing with a puff or two. It comfounds me that government can take this hard-nosed stance when BC is full of it. 1/2 of BC must be in jail then.

Totally wipe all mention of marijuana from criminal code. It a fricking plant! Anyone should be able to grow it, cheap, no middle men, no taxes. If it's a business it will generate economic activity and taxes.
    Save billions on policing distractions, court costs, ruined lives. Lots of laws on driving, still illegal to do so, cell phones cause even more accidents than liquor.

Comment

I wouldn't encourage young people to even do it casually. As you get older and realize you are only given one body to live in, I do just about anything to make it last. Yea it has a reputation of being a "soft" drug, but I think the advancements made have probably cranked the potency of it. What about the "gateway" reputation. And I agree alcohol is no better if not worse. I guess we could throw in the debate about salt and sugar too....

I don't want my kids to be active marijuana smokers.

Comment

I know several long-term marijuana smokers, recreational users-none of them have Alzheimers and look pretty happy and healthy. They love eating a lot, it seems. Don't know where they get it and they don't like to share, so guess I'll just wonder until maybe I might need it for pain relief someday.

The experts agree with you that it is not good for the young, but old guys like me, they don't seem to worry about.

Comment

Is it my imagination or does the center-left camp have a field day on AV when farmers are out farming?
          Besides this issue/thread being a favorite of the "rights and freedoms" political advocates, it really has no place in this forum category other than to be an opportunity for cheap political gain for some at the expense of others.
          Having said this, I for one believe governments need to establish lines and their should be consequences. I don't think they should legalize it, and the soft laws/tolerance that exists should remain.

Comment

All drugs are bad and shouldnt be used,even coffee,cant wait for that one to be proved.

But nobody anywhere has the right to dictate to others....dictators.

Thousands of years ago the greek thinkers new laws should be based around victimization.

So the arguement could be made the dictators are the true criminals.

"the future?imagine a boot stepping on a human face forever"Orwell

Comment

Actually i want to rephrase the first line when i get a chance.

Comment

Cotton...so there should be no laws then?

Comment

Those who can't see how their beliefs and their particular agricultural concerns are tied in with society as a whole; are quick to say that other views have no place in public

except maybe out of sight; in secret and kept from public disclosure.

That makes it convenient for right wingers to never come into contact with those different slants.

Comment

No laws based around victimization

Comment

This govt listen to experts ?? I don't think that will happen.
                      Just look at the millions being spent to build prisons WHEN crime rate is falling. Tough on crime does NOT mean Smart on crime.
                      Even tough right wing govt like Texas have realized this and now Are trying to rehabilitate instead of punish. They were Bankrupting the state putting so many in jail . The U.S has 5 percent of worlds population and 25 per cent of the prisoners !

Comment

The parliamentary budget officer is trying to get a fix on What this tough on crime fiasco is going to cost. From hundreds of millions up into billions.

Yes it's too bad the cons didn't pick "smart on crime " as their bumper sticker instead

Comment

44% of Canadians admit to having sampled " the weed". How many won't admit? I was shocked to hear this statistic.

Comment

We will need more jails if HALF of all Canadians are criminals! This is getting silly.

Comment

To say pot smokers are being sent to jail is ludicrous, I don't know of anyone ever being sent to jail for smoking pot. The jails are full of people with mental problems and First Nations caught up in the cycle of poverty and welfare. Legalizing drugs won't empty out the jails the same people will still be inside of them.
                              What scares me most is how pot is now linked to mental illnesses and may make it worse. An example is the RCMP officer that recently took his life PTSD, mental illness can't be fixed by smoking pot, it will make it worse. It is a Depressant and will send some mental conditions into suicide territory.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...