• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres a dumb question for you guys that deal with shit.

For flax if ends up getting cold will it "freeze dry"(is that even a real term,i've heard it?)

Comment

Cotton - we have done it but should be -15c or colder.

Comment

Cb save yourself the stress and combinr in spring. I tried doing flax when it was cold.... ice in tank grain tank gets warm next to engine flax sticks freezes unloading auger freezes in truck. This was -17 nights -10 days

Comment

Ya , come to think of it , it was a shit show.

Comment

A few years ago there was a ton of canary in the field late into the year. It got into November and got cold and the canary actually got drier over time, without any heat during the day. My memory was that it froze and stayed frozen during the day and the moisture content gradually went down until it was dry. Essentially freeze dried.

Comment

Got into flax here the last couple of days. Started at 12 moisture and now we're down to 10. As it continues to drop I'll have some dry enough to blend off the the higher moisture stuff--presold 6500 bushels. I don't trust forecasts, especially long-term. Fans will run when net drying takes place, this will work. We're only using one combine and only get about 100 acres a day done, so I need "days" to finish. The stuff is doing better than my durum, now is the flax that good or durum that bad,
              lol ?

Take care everyone and enjoy Thanksgiving whether its a sandwich in the combine seat or a full
              meal at the dinner table with loved ones.

Comment

I believe that has been helping ours cure out the last few cold nights Cot. Sunday I couldn't put it thru the machine but today the straw is brown not green so was easier going thru and a bit drier. Gonna be a long few days as the stuff still wants to wrap every now and then.

Comment

We finally got in one good combining day in the best standing Durum that we have. We didn't test the moisture but prolly about 15% Close enough for aeration. Maybe today we will see a few more combines out, but yesterday not too many out around Regina. My grandmother used to say lots of combining takes place after Jewish holidays. Good Luck, stay out of the mud.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...