• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another derailment

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another derailment

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/major-train-derailment-and-fire-near-wadena-sask-1.2791337

$ millions in repairs and lost time shipping!
    Hope nobody died.
    Maintenance is a foreign idea to RR`s.

Saw the smoke this morning as I left the yard. Wondered if someones combine blew up or what, the smoke was so thick and black and in a distinct column. It was too wet for anyone to be burning anything intentionally. Got home and my honey told me what happened. Wow.

Comment

How much pollution was that?

Comment

sometimes when they are forced to get in a hurry, shortcuts are made.

Comment

I'm with fjlip. Likely a lack of maintenance. Poor shareholders may not get what is "owed" to them if CNR/CP spend money on Prairie railroads. Don't maintain branchlines, classify them unfit for use then abandon them.

Comment

Did they not just do a bunch of maintenence to this line this summer. I just recall seeing a crew replacing rail ties in that area.

Comment

General statement....

Comment

Really dogpatch?

Comment

Maybe they should carry more none flammable commodities instead of displacing them by a quarter million cars per year over the past 4 years.

Comment

What can be done

The same people who would stop train traffic would stop pipeline construction anywhere on their property; and yet use every bit as much of the products in their operations.

It almost as if its an issue of control over anoher person's business.

Comment

I heard on the radio that there were 9 derailments in Saskatchewan this year. That heavy oil sloshing around raises cain with the bed, me thinx.

Comment

Drove by a train today and did see the cars rock side to side in one spot on the track, could be all it takes...

Comment

Get the pipelines built.

Glad to hear everybody in Claire and area are safe.

Comment

Maybe a lot of pipelines are planned to be built in Canada so that oil can be put on trains where residents have laid their foot down on being in their back yard.

Its probably a lot safer and efficient to move oil by pipeline; but "dirty" oil and environmental zealots have control of the day right now.

Comment

When insurance companies quit insuring railcars of crude, then just watch the pipelines get built. There may be some whining at the fringes, but so be it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...