• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Durum Contracts

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Durum Contracts

Never kept track of the durum market before or after,just wondering what the spread is on the pre priced and current price,did some get caught?

Contracted #2 12.5 protein this summer. When weather got bad amended it early to a #4 12.5 at a spread of a dollar a bushel. Think it is a lot more now.

Comment

Thou shalt honor thy contracts and thy commitments......

I presold some green peas (2 or better)last summer for $8.00. They didn't look too good because of growing conditions. They graded a three but I told them I wasn't taking less than the contract prices. They asked if anyone else saw them and I told them I sold a light tandem load that I couldn't squeeze into full bins to another processor and they paid me
      $9.25. They decided to take them and yea I let them have them, I signed the contract.

Now, that folks is what I expect in return from the rest of the Industry. See Braveheart, I'm trustworthy !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I expected nothing less.

Comment

I'm a bit sensitive tonight, is that an insult or complement?

Comment

I'm in Great Falls, Montana tonight. We brought Durum samples to Columbia grain here. They are bidding 12.25 US per bushel for #1, 13 pro.

Comment

Yes neighbour had a 6.50 #2 contract, delivered a #5 13.5 and got 3.20

Comment

Was the $3.20 for the 5CWAD written into the contract? Hahahahahaha.

Comment

Had #2 12.5 contracted at 7.15. Amended as soon as I smelled a wreck to #4 12.5 at 6.15.. Was protecting myself on bottom grades.

Comment

Are you up against a grading battle now and they want to call it a 5, without any protection for you. You were smart doing what you did but the door is still slightly ajar.

Comment

HFL, if you are still in Great Falls, could you please ask about #5 Durum?

Comment

They will take it as 4 . If I work with their timing.

Comment

Sum. They have lots of their own # 5. Don't think they'ed be to excited.

Comment

HFL - are they looking for HRSW?

Comment

We took CWRS sample and left them at Sweet Grass. If you have higher protein I think they would be interested.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...