• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E85

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E85

R&D of the E85 engines are built into the price of vehicles so we pay for that R&D.Most newer vehicles are now capable of burning it.
    Does anyone know where we can buy E85 fuel? Would be nice if we could buy and support our farmers and use up some of this low quality crop, maybe even increase the value for producers.
    Why do we pay to develop but we can't use because we can't readily get fuel to run in them.

A comment is lots of older engines can't handle E85. So it is a matter of distribution/costs of maintaining separate pumps.

I also note western Canada doesn't have the capacity to supply ethanol to a larger blend so an increase in consumption would mean an increase in imports from the US. Someone will ask the why but I will duck that question.

Comment

Wonder why the ethanol guys don't cut out the animal feed thing and use some of this screwed crop for that,feed end makes that much?

Comment

Or building more facilities to produce it. Instead of facilities (elevators) to ship raw product to states only to buy back finished product.

There are lots of gas stations that have been shut down and still standing that could be started up by grain industry just to sell ethanol with fossil fuel as the blend.

Does anyone make/sell an on farm sized ethanol plant?

Comment

filled my van once with e85 never again mileage was almost half of what I was getting with regular gas It was the same price as a gallon of regular so I tried it It burnt out the oxygen censors in the exhaust systems and gave me engine light troubles until I got ride of it with 150000 on it.

Comment

Someone could back haul Ethanol in all the railway oiltankers going to the states. The Ethanol futures price is at $1.50/gal. That's 48 cents CDN a litre. I'd fill every available tank on the farm if it's near that cost.

Comment

Still makes more economic sense to sell the ethanol as booze and buy petroleum products with the profits.

Comment

Don't think they will buy low grade feed stalks to make booze.
                Just trying to help out low grades and would like to try out my e85 truck. It is on warranty so not afraid of troubles with fuel.

Comment

good luck with warranty they never could figure out how to fix . There is no savings at 1.50 as you burn more than twice as much.

Comment

Dont use it in small engines.

Comment

I am not sure E85 would be the answer to our feed wheat situation. CWRS is not a good grain for ethanol. Too much protein/not enough starch. Other challenges in the distilling process. SWS is the best class. Already not sure of the impact on ethanol yield/the distilling process of spout or frozen kernels. Fusarium/high DON levels would also have implications for distillers grains.

Comment

Just talked to pipe line control manager. He says the only places they ship E85 is into Manitoba, Ontario and Detroit.
                        Guess we can't get it out west.

Comment

Good. Keep sending that crap east. I will not use that stuff. Nothing but engine troubles and poor mileage. Put E85 in a motorcycle once and it ran like a piece of shit till I got some premium fuel into it.

Comment

I agree, murder on small engines.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...