• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COP

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$180 variable (disappears into dirt)
    $110 fixed (disappears into thin air)

Comment

WTF!!!
      SORRY.
      Apparently I had 30 windows open on my new phone and just realized it.

Comment

Let's all be a little more honest with ourselves. The number that matters is the one at the bottom of the income/expense sheet...divide it by your acre base and there's your number.

Comment

Well, I do not harrow, I do not do VT. I do not run a grain cart. Often I grow half my acres to ip crops which have no trucking costs in the contracts. Lots of my grain goes to local facilities, at a cost of 6 bucks a tonne locally. So my trucking costs that I hire done are in the 5 or 6 buck an acre range... I grow few bulky crops for a distinct reason. Canary is often less than 3/4 a tonne an acre, for example.

I quit the malt barley lottery a few years back, so my seed cost for barley is contingent upon the opportunity cost of the value of feed. I clean my own seed so not cleaning costs there. I use WAY less n, WAY less S for my barley fields than canola. For me, barley is much cheaper to grow, mostly from seed savings and fertility savings.

We all do things different. NONE is right or wrong; the bottom line in our own situations is what matters most....

Comment

Years ago on this site I saw a really good quote: Profit is an opinion; cash flow is a fact.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...