• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting experiment

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect our numbers are falling as we speak with this last rain. I am anxious to see the results of the sample that I sent to Montana last Friday. We really can't take any more down grading factors.

Comment

There was a move a number of years ago to set up a system of remote (local elevator) colour scanners to a central computer.
      The grain sample would be spread on these scanners and graded by the central computer that was programed with all the grading factors. That with the falling numbers would give a non-subjective grade which would have been consistent country wide and repeatable.
      It would also have made blending a snap as you could keep mixing in higher percentages until the grade changed.
      This idea however died a quick death, I suspect because some strong unions saw a danger to grading jobs............SO we are stuck with a very subjective visual system that is far from consistent even if you just use the grain commission.
      As an aside a neighbor claims that his contract with a grain co. specified that they were the sole determinant of the grade they were purchasing????? If this is the case no one should deal with a company that does not use the Grain Commission as final arbitrator.

Comment

I'd feel a hell of alot better if the human was taken out of it,doubt any jobs would be lost.

Comment

I'd feel a hell of alot better if the human was taken out of it,doubt any jobs would be lost.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...